LOOKING TO THE FUTURE
The 2016-2020 Country Program is focused on improving well-being, enhancing inclusivity and harnessing talent. It builds on the progress of the 2011-2015 Program in promoting development with equity to reduce disparities in society.
Our current priorities are in line with strategic directions of the Eleventh Malaysia Plan (11MP), which is the key development strategy and planning instrument of the Government of Malaysia. The program also directly supports Vision 2020, and the achievement of the longer term Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs).
Program targets in our five year cycle include:
- Ensuring all children in Malaysia benefit from strengthened national policies, quality social services and support for full development potential
- Working towards child centred social inclusion, disparity reduction and resilience
- Enhancing partnerships, capacities, and engagement for child rights fulfillment
- Promoting birth registration for all children in Malaysia
- Advocating for child-centred risk reduction preparedness and response