UNICEF in action
© UNICEF Malaysia/2005/Jothiratnam
UNICEF is working with the Government of Malaysia to realise the aspirations of the Ninth Malaysia Plan. We are focused on reducing disparities and enhancing access to quality basic services for vulnerable and marginalised children in the country through (1) technical assistance and capacity enhancement; (2) catalyst grassroots programs; (3) applicable research and analysis and (4) public information and dissemination.
UNICEF programs in Malaysia are designed to assist policy makers and partners to:
- Make policies that are evidence based, inclusive, non- discriminatory and forward looking;
- Improve access to quality basic education and health services for children in remote, rural and marginalised communities;
- Facilitate effective partnerships with Government, NGOs, universities and research institutions, the media and the private sector to strengthen services for all children in Malaysia;
- Create opportunities for child participation; and,
- Design and test program models which if successful could be replicated nationwide.