UN AGENCY SITES
- FAO: Food and Agriculture Organization - see also the Emergency Prevention System (EMPRES) which maps incidences of influenza viruses
- IFRC: International Federation of Red Cross and Red Crescent Societies portal on Pandemic Preparedness. IFRC also coordinates the Humanitarian Pandemic Preparedness (H2P).
- PAHO: Pan American Health Organization website on Influenza. See also portals on Risk and Outbreak Communication and Virtual Health Library's portal on Avian Influenza.
- WB: The World Bank's portal on Animal and Human Influenza
- WFP: The World Food Programme. See also the WFP-managed portal on Humanitarian Early Warning News.
- UN: UN System Influenza Coordinator (UNSIC), the portal on Avian Influenza and the Pandemic Threat and Whole-of-Society Pandemic Portal
- UNICEF: United Nation's Children's Fund websites on Animal and Pandemic Influenza and CREATE! site
- UNWTO: Tourism Emergency Response Network (TERN) and SOS.Travel
- OIE: World Organization for Animal Health on Influenza in Animals. Visit the OFFLU, a joint OIE/FAO network of expertse on animal influenzas.
- WHO: The World Health Organization website includes separate portals on Avian Influenza and Pandemic Influenza (2009).
OTHER SITES OF INTEREST
- AED: Academy for Educational Development has an expertise in communication for behaviour change. Visit th AED portal on Pandemic and Avian Influenzas.
- CI: The Communication Initiative is a network of expertise with portals on Avian Influenza and H1N1.
- ECDC: the European Centre for Disease Prevention and Control's portal on Pandemic Preparedness
- JHUCCP: The Centre for Communication Programs has expertise in social and behaviour change communication. See also information on its Global Program on Avian and Pandemic Influenza.
- US Government portals: visit CDC's portals on Avian Influenza, H1N1 flu (no longer updated) and Flu.gov. Visit also USAID's portal on Avian and Pandemic Influenza.