Purpose of the Post
Under the general supervision of the Operations Manager manage the supply chain originating from the state office demand. The post will strengthen the state office’s ability to procure, order and receive goods and services cost efficiently. It will also strengthen the state offices ability to control stocks and improve its responses to emergencies.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
• Manage direct purchasing and/or calling off goods and service from Long Term Agreements
• Manage receipt and/or monitor receipt of goods and services and prepare regular reports of the same. Participate in local Contract review Committees.
• Supervise and maintain the correct filing of the department’s procurement documentation to include, requisition files, Bid files, Purchase Order and Contract files.
• Prepare monthly statement of all incoming AIR/SEA shipments to be shared with India Country Office.
• Coordinate the state office demand for goods and services and in conjunction with requesting programs and S&P to establish procurement plans.
• Obtain, store and make available to others local market knowledge.
• In conjunction with S&P and local program set up, improve and support a functional and flexible distribution system. Prepare, in conjunction with Emergency section through Emergency focal point and S&P, the local emergency logistical distribution plan. Coordinate across all the sectors and monitor usage of relief supplies. When necessary liaise and coordinate with customs and port officials, shipping, and transport agents in order to support clearance and receipt of imported goods.
• Provides any other tasks as assigned by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Skills And Attributes required to perform the duties of the post:
a. Education (Indicate the level and precise field of study of university and/or training and degree of specialization required.)
• Completion of secondary school education supplemented by courses in purchasing methods and/or accounting.
• Vocational training in Business Administration, Supply chain Management, logistics or a related field an asset.
b. Work Experience (Indicate the length and type of practical experience required at the national and, if so required, at the international level.)
• Six years of progressively responsible professional work experience at the national level in supply / logistics management.
• Experience from emergency logistics is desirable.
c. Languages (Indicate the languages required and desirable.)
• Excellent knowledge of English - both written and spoken.
• Good knowledge of Hindi and/or other relevant regional language required.
i) Core Values (Required)
Diversity and Inclusion
ii) Core Competencies (Required)
Working with People [II]
Drive for Results [II]
iii) Functional Competencies (Required)
Applying Technical Expertise [II]
Following instructions and Procedures [II]
Planning and Organizing [II]
Applications consisting of a cover letter, an up-to-date CV and P11 – Personal History form (Download) should be sent to email@example.com by close of business 21 March 2014. In order to ensure that your application is sorted correctly, please clearly mention the title and location of the post in the subject line of your e-mail/application. Only applications of short listed candidates will be acknowledged. This vacancy is open to Indian Nationals only.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female andmale candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization.
UNICEF does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process including application, interview, meeting, traveling, processing, training etc. UNICEF is a non-smoking working environment.