Location: New Delhi
Closing date: 17th September 2013
Purpose of the Post
The incumbent assists in the area of finance and accounting control, recording, reporting of assets, liabilities and income. He/She will monitor the appropriate disbursement of funds and payments of accounts in accordance with the rules, regulations and established budgetary limits.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
1. Approve the appropriate, accurate and timely processing and recording of disbursements and payments, (e.g. Vendor/ supplier/service provider payments, advances to government, settlement of staff travel expenses etc.), in accordance with established rules, regulations and systems, and within budgetary limits. Also ensures recovery of advances and accounts receivable.
2. Review and reconcile General ledger accounts of accounts payable (Vendor/ suppliers, Staff and partners), Goods receipt/invoice receipt etc. Undertake clearing of General ledger accounts and clearings on monthly basis.
3. Undertake visits to sub-offices to provide accounting and finance training and support, establishes and/or reviews systems and procedures for compliance with rules and regulations, and prepares reports and recommendations.
4. Brief staff on the application and interpretation of UN/UNICEF accounting and financial rules, regulations, procedures and policies
5. Provide training and orientation to newly recruited staff on financial transactions in VISION. Supervises timely maintenance of computerized accounting and finance system.
Qualifications, Skills and Attributes
Bachelor’s degree from a recognized university in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration specialization in Finance.
b) Work Experience
Minimum Two years of practical professional work experience in finance and accounting. Working experience in SAP will be an added advantage.
Fluency in English and Hindi required. Knowledge of local working language of the duty station is an asset.
d) Competency Profile:
i) Core Values (Required)
• Diversity and Inclusion
ii) Core Competencies (Required)
• Communication [I]
• Drive for Result [II]
• Working With People [I]
iii) Functional Competencies (Required)
• Analyzing [I]
• Applying Technical Expertise [II]
• Planning and Organizing [II]
• Following Instructions and Procedures [II]
• Good judgment, initiative, high sense of responsibility, organization, and analytical skills.
• Supervisory ability.
• Ability to conduct training.
• Computer skills, including internet navigation, and various office applications.
Applications consisting of a cover letter and an up-to-date CV should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 17th September 2013. In order to ensure that your application is sorted correctly, please clearly mention the title and location of the post in the subject line of your e-mail/application. Only applications of short listed candidates will be acknowledged. These vacancies are open to Indian Nationals only.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organizations qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization.
UNICEF does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process including application, interview, meeting, traveling, processing, training etc. UNICEF is a non-smoking working environment.