Chief, Field Office
The incumbent will be accountable for UNICEF's advocacy with the government and other partners for the enhancement of the survival, protection, development and participation of children and women in State development efforts. He/She represents the India Country Office in all aspects of UNICEF's co-operation with the State Government in Gujarat (India) and will be responsible for all aspects of office management of the UNICEF state office.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
1. Representation and advocacy: On behalf of the Country Representative, represent UNICEF in the state of Gujarat, advocate for policies supportive of UNICEF goals & objectives, building alliances in government, NGOs and community groups towards the achievement of these goals.
5. Management: Direct, supervise and coordinate the office work plan in VISION, including programme and operations, monitor progress quarterly to ensure objectives are met. Closely monitor financial commitments, expenditure and liquidation of programme and admin. Funds allotted to the field office under the integrated budget in accordance with financial rules and regulation, ensuring accountability for resources allocated to the office and compliance with all operational systems and procedures.
6. Provide leadership and support to the State Office team, for optimal management of the state office. Ensure the organisation of regular staff and programme meetings and follow up to decisions and recommendations. Provide input in the Country Management Team.
Qualifications, Skills and Attributes
b) Work Experience
d) Competency Profile:
i) Core Values (Required)
•Commitment: Trustworthy and honours commitments; promotes equity, fairness, transparency, and diversity; treats others in a consistent and fair manner.
•Diversity and Inclusion: Promotes equity, fairness and diversity; Ability to deal with individuals from all backgrounds; sets example by exhibiting tolerance and respect towards others; proactive in ensuring fair and equitable treatment for all; willingness to challenge inequalities and inappropriate behaviour of individuals at all levels.
•Integrity and Commitment: Courageous and upholds the ethical standards of the Organization and of the international civil service in actions and deeds; words and actions are congruent.
ii) Core Competencies (Required)
• Communication [II]
• Drive for Result [ II ]
• Working With People [ II ]
iii) Functional Competencies (Required)
• Formulating Strategies and Concepts [ II ]
• Analyzing [ III ]
• Relating and Networking [ III ]
• Deciding and Initiating Action [ II ]
• Persuading and Influencing [ II ]
• Leading and Supervising [ II ]
iv) Technical Knowledge
a) Specific Technical Knowledge Required
(Technical knowledge requirements specific to the job can be added here as required.)
• Rights-based and Results-based approach and programming in UNICEF.
• Integration and synthesis of various programme activities in accordance with professional practices and UNICEF programme policy, procedures and guidelines.
• Expert knowledge of advanced concepts in primary discipline, with a broad knowledge of related disciplines, in-depth knowledge of relevant organizational policies and procedures.
• Building strategic alliances and partnerships/Resource mobilization: leverages the larger resources of national governments and other development partners.
• Methodology of programme/project management, Building strategic alliances and partnerships/Resource mobilization.
• UNICEF programmatic goals, visions, positions, policies and strategies.
• Knowledge of global human rights issues, specifically relating to children and women, and the current UNCEF position and approaches /UNICEF MTSP.
• UNICEF policies and strategy to address on national and international issues, particularly relating to conflicts, natural disasters, and recovery.
• UNICEF emergency programme policies, goals, strategies and approaches.
c) Technical Knowledge to be Acquired/Enhanced (for the Job)
• UN policies and strategy to address international humanitarian issues and the responses.
• UN common approaches to programmatic issues and UNICEF positions
• UN security operations and guidelines.
• UNSECORD training for members of Security Management Team.
• UN/UNCT policies and strategies committed to success of UNCT and RC’s leadership.
OTHER SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES:
- Excellent management and interpersonal skills
- Ability to advocate and undertake policy dialogue with senior officials or state government and non-governmental organisations
- Ability to negotiate, influence policy, plan and implement programmes
- Knowledge and use of standard office automation applications related to word processing, graphics presentations etc. as well as Management Information Systems and databases. Knowledge and training on use of work planning tools/Results Based Management an asset.
Applications consisting of a cover letter and an up-to-date CV should be sent to email@example.com by 9th July 2013.
In order to ensure that your application is sorted correctly, please clearly mention the title and location of the post in the subject line of your e-mail application. Only applications of short listed candidates will be acknowledged. These vacancies are open to Indian Nationals only.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organizations qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization.
UNICEF does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process including application, interview, meeting, traveling, processing, training etc. UNICEF is a non-smoking working environment.