Planning, Monitoring & Evaluation (PME) Officer
Duty Station: Bhopal
Purpose of the Post
The PME Officer will be responsible for providing support to the Field Office and the state government in the area of planning, monitoring & evaluation as well as to provide inputs in the development of monitoring and evaluation systems in support of the cooperation.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
1. Assist in developing and maintaining a database on development indicators related to women and children and provide service to project officers and Chief, Field Office with the objective of helping policy analysis and evidence based programme development for action on children.
2. Collaborate with relevant government departments, officials and other partners to identify interventions necessary for the improved planning, implementation and monitoring of assigned programme areas with a focus on most disadvantaged groups.
3. Track new and innovative trends in social policy and advocate/disseminate new ideas with policy makers and other stakeholders.
4. Assist in the development, coordination and implementation of research, monitoring and evaluation activities in the states with special attention to community based monitoring systems, through the provision of technical assistance.
5. Participate and contribute to the State Management Team of the field Office, and to regular programme team meetings. Participate and contribute to inter-state activities related to the areas of assignment and in relevant country office meetings. Contribute relevant inputs to annual, donors and other reports and documents.
6. Establish and maintain regular professional contacts with government officials, other partners, including research and training institutions, through joint visits, consultations, meetings. Advocate and promote the adoption of UNICEF policies and strategies, foster alliances to meet objectives.
7. Prepare project work plan, carry out requisitions on line in VISION as well as prepare periodic management reports on the project for review and decisions. Ensure accurate and timely input of programme information in computerized programme system and issuance of status reports for monitoring and evaluation purposes.
Qualifications, Skills and Attributes
University degree from a recognized university in Social Sciences, Development Planning, Planning, Evaluation, Survey Implementation or Advanced Statistical Research.
2. Work Experience
Minimum 2 years of professional work experience in programme development and implementation including monitoring and evaluation activities with exposure in emergency preparedness planning and active involvement in a humanitarian crisis response programme.
3. Language Proficiency
Fluency in English and knowledge of local working language of the duty station required.
4. Competency Profile
i) Core Values (Required)
· Diversity and Inclusion
ii) Core Competencies (Required)
• Communication [ I ]
• Working with People[ II ]
• Drive for Result [I]
iii) Functional Competencies (Required)
• Formulating Strategies and Concepts [ I ]
• Analyzing [ II ]
• Applying Technical Expertise [ II ]
• Planning and Organizing [ II ]
iv) Technical Knowledge
a) Specific Technical Knowledge Required (for the job)
(Technical knowledge requirements specific to the job can be added here as required.)
• Knowledge of Project and Activity Evaluation.
• Professional technical knowledge/expertise in Data Collection
• Professional technical knowledge/expertise in Evaluation Process Management, Follow-up on Recommendations and Dissemination of M&E results.
b) Common Technical Knowledge Required (for the job group)
• Professional technical knowledge/expertise in demography, statistics, and data management.
• Methodology of M&E, theories, standards and models, quantitative/qualitative/mixed methods, validity/reliability testing of data, data analysis and interpretation, and statistical inference methods.
• Professional technical knowledge/expertise in Activity Monitoring & Evaluation, Evaluation Design, data analysis, and reporting.
c) Technical Knowledge to be Acquired/Enhanced (for the Job)
• Knowledge/expertise of best practices, lessons learned and communication.
• Understanding of UNICEF’s policies and procedures for programming, monitoring and evaluation guidelines.
• Latest programme monitoring and evaluation theory, methodology, technology and tools.
• Understanding of UN Mission and system; and International Code of Conduct.
Understanding of UNICEF Mission Statement and observance of UNICEF Guiding Principles
V) OTHER SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES (Indicate what other skills and attributes required, such as computer knowledge, management or communication skills, negotiating or training ability, etc.)
· Current knowledge of development issues, policies, social programming policies and procedures in international development cooperation.
· Proven ability to conceptualise, analyse and plan for actions as well as to transfer knowledge and skills.
· Proven record of initiatives in the conceptualisation, planning and implementation of social development programmes.
· Knowledge and use of standard office automation applications related to word processing, graphics presentations etc. as well as Management Information Systems and databases. Knowledge and training on use of work planning tools an asset.
· Ability to work in a multicultural and international environment.
Applications consisting of a cover letter and an up-to-date CV should be sent to email@example.com by 14 May 2013. In order to ensure that your application is sorted correctly, please clearly mention the title and location of the post in the subject line of your e-mail/application. Only applications of short listed candidates will be acknowledged. These vacancies are open to Indian Nationals only.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organizations qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization.