Location: Guwahati, Assam
Closing date: 23 March 2013
Purpose Of The Post
To provide the administrative support to Specialists/Officers (Education, Child Protection, HIV, SPPME & A&P) in the Field Office focusing on planning, implementation and monitoring of UNICEF assistance to the assigned programmes/projects, with specific emphasis on cash, supply and contract-related inputs and transactions as per approved UNICEF programme-cum-financial management systems (HACT, SAP/VISION/Performance Management). The incumbent will also assist with the compilation of programme-related information, data and reports on the assigned programmes
Major Duties and Responsibilities
1. In coordination with the Programme Specialists/Officers, prepare documentation for release of funds to implementing partners. Scrutinize accounts of assigned projects, ensuring that supporting documents, viz. FACE and Utilization Certificates, SoE, etc. are in order, and process for liquidation and/or reimbursement. Prepare status of cash assistance on a regular basis and, in consultation with concerned Programme Specialists/Officers, follow-up on outstanding releases (DCTs) to ensure timely receipt and liquidation of accounts. Orient implementation partners on essential UNICEF programme and funds management processes, including HACT.
2. Keep abreast of policies and procedures relating to UNICEF assistance including those relating to various work processes, including Project Co-operation Agreements (PCAs) to ensure that proposals are in line with set standards, budgets are accurately computed and all documents are complete prior to submission to the L-PCARC.
3. Under the guidance of Programme Specialists/Officers, prepare budget projections and take action for timely preparation of programme inputs using the current software system (SAP/VISION). Monitor funds commitment/utilization and prepare status reports on programme implementation, on periodic basis and as per set standards. Ensure that data on WBS/PBA-wise funds is available and updated on a regular basis, for the assigned programmes.
4. Raise all supply-related requisition documents, so that procurement action can be undertaken, as per approved process and adhering to segregation of duties. In consultation with concerned Supervisor/s, strengthen the supply monitoring system, including the receipt and end-user monitoring of supplies provided to the concerned programmes/projects.
5. Provide data/inputs for the preparation of Annual Reports, Donor Reports, Funds Utilization Reports and other documents. Support the Programme Specialists/Officers during periodic programme meetings in the office and/or with partners on specified tasks. Undertake field visits for specified tasks, including HACT assurance activities (spot checks, field monitoring, etc).
6. Participate in and provide programme logistics support for the organization of workshops/ seminars/training programmes/special events, etc. for the programmes assigned. Perform other duties as assigned from time to time.
Qualifications, Skills And Attributes
Secondary School education, preferably supplemented by a course in any of the social sciences. Familiarity with standard UNICEF programme monitoring financial practices desirable.
b) Work Experience
Excellent knowledge of written and spoken English. Good knowledge of Hindi and/or other relevant regional language essential
d) Competency Profile
i) Core Values (Required)
· Diversity and Inclusion
ii) Core Competencies (Required)
· Communication [II]
· Working with People [II]
· Drive for Results [II]
iii) Functional Competencies (Required)
· Analyzing [II]
· Applying Technical Expertise [II]
· Following instructions and Procedures [II]
· Planning and Organizing [II]
e) OTHER SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES (Indicate what other skills and attributes required, such as drafting ability, organizational or analytical skills.
· Thorough knowledge of UNICEF programme management and operations skills for handling detailed assignments of a semi-professional nature.
· Proven organisational skills and ability to organise workload independently
· Good analytical skills related to project implementation, monitoring and financial performance
· Proven ability to work with Windows-based computer applications essential
· Good communication skills – written and spoken
· Ability to work harmoniously in a multi-cultural environment
How to Apply
Applications consisting of a cover letter and an up-to-date CV should be sent to email@example.com 23rd March 2013. In order to ensure that your application is sorted correctly, please clearly mention the title and location of the post in the subject line of your e-mail/application. Only applications of short listed candidates will be acknowledged. These vacancies are open to Indian Nationals only.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organizations qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization.
UNICEF does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process including application, interview, meeting, traveling, processing, training etc. UNICEF is a non-smoking working environment.