Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
(Job Code: UNME)
Major Duties and Responsibilities
2. Institutionalize a monitoring system for reporting and disseminating input and output indicators for IKEA projects including: documenting and sharing best practices and lessons learned, planning and managing quantitative and qualitative surveys and studies, collection and analysis of indicators through field visits.Lead the documentation of project implementation and impact, which includes primary research on field visits and gathering and compiling data from existing reports and documents.
3. Establish indicators (balanced scorecard) to monitor and evaluate the IKEA and UNICEF India Partnership. Develop and maintain expenditure monitoring system. Review communications materials for accuracy on statistical information as they relate to IKEA funded projects. Represent UNICEF at working level meetings, workshops, and discussions with IKEA. Make recommendations to improve processes.
Support section in M&E activities as required in the following areas:Implementation of Simplified Results Structure in the ICO, Capacity building of ICO staff in the transition to the VISION, Preparation of Results Framework for UNDAF 2013- 2017 ,Preparation of Results Framework for UNICEF CPD and CPAP for 2013-2017, Improvement in routine monitoring systems of government flagship programmes on children.
Qualifications, Skills And Attributes
Fluency in written and spoken English required. Knowledge of local working language of the duty station, highly desirable.
d) Competency Profile:
iii) Functional Competencies (Required)
• Formulating Strategies and Concepts [ I ]
• Analyzing [ II ]
• Applying Technical Expertise [ II ]
• Planning and Organizing [ II ]
i) Technical Knowledge
a) Specific Technical Knowledge Required(for the job)
• Knowledge of Project and Activity Evaluation.
• Professional technical knowledge/expertise in Data Collection
• Professional technical knowledge/expertise in Evaluation Process Management, Follow-up on Recommendations and Dissemination of M&E results.
b) Common Technical Knowledge Required(for the job group)
• Professional technical knowledge/expertise in demography, statistics, and data management.
• Methodology of M&E, theories, standards and models, quantitative/qualitative/mixed methods, validity/reliability testing of data, data analysis and interpretation, and statistical inference methods.
• Professional technical knowledge/expertise in Activity Monitoring & Evaluation, Evaluation Design, data analysis, and reporting.
c) Technical Knowledge to be Acquired/Enhanced (for the Job)
• Knowledge/expertise of best practices, lessons learned and communication.
• Understanding of UNICEF’s policies and procedures for programming, monitoring and evaluation guidelines.
• Latest programme monitoring and evaluation theory, methodology, technology and tools.
• Understanding of UN Mission and system; and International Code of Conduct.
• Understanding of UNICEF Mission Statement and observance of UNICEF Guiding Principles
Applications consisting of a cover letter and an up-to-date CV should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org 16thJanuary2013. In order to ensure that your application is sorted correctly, please clearly mention the title and location of the post in the subject line of your e-mail/application. Only applications of short listed candidates will be acknowledged. These vacancies are open to Indian Nationals only.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organizations qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization.
UNICEF does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process including application, interview, meeting, traveling, processing, training etc. UNICEF is a non-smoking working environment.