Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Planning, Monitoring and Evaluation Officer
Closing date: 3rd October2012
Purpose Of The Post
Under the supervision of Chief, Field office, the incumbent will be required to provide technical support, both to the field office as well as the state government for the accomplishment of the defined key-end results. He/ she will be responsible for providing professional expertise and assistance in information/ data collection, statistics and data analysis and monitoring & evaluation systems for assigned programmes
Major Duties and Responsibilities
1. Develop and maintain database on development indicators related to women and children and provide technical inputs/service to project officers and Chief, Field Office with the objective of helping policy analysis and programme development for action on children. Provide technical oversight and guidance to District Support.
2. Collaborate with relevant government departments, officials and other partners to identify interventions necessary for the improved planning, implementation and monitoring of assigned programme areas.
3. Track new and innovative trends in social policy and advocate/disseminate new ideas with policy makers and other stakeholders.
4. Assist in the development, coordination and implementation of research, monitoring and evaluation activities in the states with special attention to community based monitoring systems, through the provision of technical assistance.
5. Participate and contribute to the State Management Team of the field Office, and to regular programme team meetings. Participate and contribute to inter-state activities related to the areas of assignment and in relevant country office meetings. Contribute relevant inputs to annual, donors and other reports and documents.
6. Establish and maintain regular professional contacts with government officials, other partners, including research and training institutions, through joint visits, consultations, meetings. Advocate and promote the adoption of UNICEF policies and strategies, foster alliances to meet objectives.
7. Prepare project work plan, carry out requisitions on line in VISION as well as prepare periodic management reports on the project for review and decisions. Ensure accurate and timely input of programme information in computerized programme system and issuance of status reports for monitoring and evaluation purposes.
Qualifications, Skills And Attributes
University degree in social sciences, development planning, planning, evaluation, survey implementation, statistical research.
b) Work Experience
Two years of relevant professional work experience in programme development and implementation including monitoring and evaluation activities.
Fluency in written and spoken English required. Knowledge of local language of the duty station is highly desirable.
d) Competency Profile:
i) Core Values (Required)
• Commitment • Diversity and Inclusion • Integrity
ii) Core Competencies (Required)
[ I ] • Working with People [ II ] • Drive for Results [ I ]
iii) Functional Competencies (Required)
• Formulating Strategies and Concepts [ I ] • Analyzing [ II ]
• Applying Technical Expertise [ II ] • Planning and Organizing [ II ]
iv) Technical Knowledge
a) Specific Technical Knowledge Required
• Knowledge of Project and Activity Evaluation.
• Professional technical knowledge/expertise in Data Collection
• Professional technical knowledge/expertise in Evaluation Process Management, Follow-up on Recommendations and Dissemination of M&E results.
b) Common Technical Knowledge Required (for the job group)
• Professional technical knowledge/expertise in demography, statistics, and data management.
• Methodology of M&E, theories, standards and models, quantitative/qualitative/mixed methods, validity/reliability testing of data, data analysis and interpretation, and statistical inference methods.
• Professional technical knowledge/expertise in Activity Monitoring & Evaluation, Evaluation Design, data analysis, and reporting.
c) Technical Knowledge to be Acquired/Enhanced
• Knowledge/expertise of best practices, lessons learned and communication
• Understanding of UNICEF’s policies and procedures for programming, monitoring and evaluation guidelines.
• Latest programme monitoring and evaluation theory, methodology, technology and tools.
• Understanding of UN Mission and system; and International Code of Conduct.
• Understanding of UNICEF Mission Statement and observance of UNICEF Guiding Principles
Applications consisting of a cover letter and an up-to-date CV should be sent to email@example.com by 3rd October 2012.
In order to ensure that your application is sorted correctly, please clearly mention the title and location of the post in the subject line of your e-mail/application. Only applications of short listed candidates will be acknowledged. These vacancies are open to Indian Nationals only.
UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organizations qualified female and male candidates from all national, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of our organization.
UNICEF does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process including application, interview, meeting, traveling, processing, training etc. UNICEF is a non-smoking working environment.