Duty Station: New Delhi
Closing date - 15 August 2012
Purpose Of The Post
Under the general supervision of the Dy. Representative Operations and direct supervision of Chief-Resource Mobilisation develop, manage and evaluate non-financial partnerships with the corporate community in support of UNICEF’s mission and objectives in the country,pilot innovative solutions for on-ground programme delivery and enhance the organisation’s credibility and brand as a technical expert in the area of child focussed CSR.
The position is also expected to provide technical inputs in the areas of Business Responsibility and manage programmatic alliances with the National CSR Hub and other national bodies and institutions.
Major Duties And Responsibilities
1. Corporate Relations/ Partnerships Management: Identifying and scoping potential corporate partners in line with the ICO programme priorities and section needs and developing MoUs and programme concept notes with inputs from the relevant sections. Effective and timely professional management of corporate partnerships and relations with potential, existing and past corporate partners.
2. Advocacy and Technical Inputs on CSR: Advocacy with Government of India, Industry Bodies and National think tanks on CSR/ Business Responsibility. Providing technical inputs to and managing strategic alliances with the National CSR Hub and other technical partnerships.
3. Internal Corporate Engagement Liaison: Mapping and tracking internal needs for potential corporate engagement initiatives and innovations. Provide regular informative and corporate expert guidance to State Offices, Country Office, Regional Office and Head Quarters on corporate partnerships in India and the Indian corporate community to ensure maximum impact and continuous improvement of country corporate engagement efforts.
4. Developing the Corporate Engagement Strategy, annual workplan, periodic updates and other documentation as needed: Ensure that the elaboration of strategy paper and annual work plan is timely executed and followed up to support country programme priorities, regional and global directives. Facilitate documentation and sharing of lessons.
Qualifications, Skills And Attributes
University degree in Development, Marketing, Economics, Communication, Fund Raising or Business Administration. Sound and Up-to-date knowledge of corporate partnership management.
b) Work Experience
Minimum 2 years of professional experience in the relevant field or seven years of progressive work experience in consulting/programme development with particular focus on CSR, Corporate Partnerships, Fund Raising, marketing, communication activities.
Fluency (oral and written) in English and Hindi.
d) Competency Profile :
i) Core Values (Required)
• Commitment Diversity and Inclusion • Integrity
ii) Core Competencies (Required)
• Communication [ II ] • Working with People [ II ]
• Drive for Results [ II ]
iii) Functional Competencies (Required)
• Formulating Strategies and Concepts [ I ]
• Analyzing [ I ]
• Applying Technical Expertise [ I ]
• Learning and Researching [ II ]
• Planning and Organizing [ II ]
e) Technical Knowledge
a) Specific Technical Knowledge Required (for the job)
(Technical knowledge requirements specific to the job can be added here as required.)
Specific and up-to-date working knowledge of:
Executive Board and other policy documents.
Thorough knowledge of Mid-Term Strategic Plan (MTSP)
UN/UNICEF Policy Papers
UNICEF programme policy, procedures and guidelines.
Rights-based and Results-based approach and programming in UNICEF
General administrative and financial guidelines.
Human resources manual
UNICEF communication and other DOC guidelines
Private Fund raising and Partnerships Guidelines
Brand Toolkit and Brand Book
Ethical Guidelines on Reporting on Children
b) Common Technical Knowledge Required (for the job group)
General knowledge of:
Communication practice, methodology and practical application. Knowledge of current theories and practices in corporate engagement
Computer systems, including internet navigation, office applications, and specifically, interactive digital media.
United Nations or other international organizations; good understanding of world affairs, current events and international development issues
Global human rights issues, specifically relating to children and women, and current UNCEF position and approaches.
UNICEF PFP goals, visions, positions, policies, guidelines and strategies.
UNICEF policies and strategy to address national and international issues, including emergencies.
UNICEF emergency communication policies, goals, strategies and approaches, including emergency preparedness.
c) Technical Knowledge to be Acquired/Enhanced (for the Job)
Knowledge and expertise in corporate relations, fundraising and networking.
Technical competence in producing content for corporate community
UN policies and strategy to address international humanitarian issues and the responses.
UN common approaches to programmatic issues and UNICEF positions
UN security operations and guidelines.
P>Applications consisting of a covering letter; an up-to-date CV and a completed Personal History form (download) should be sent to email@example.com by 15 August 2012. In order to ensure that your application is sorted correctly, please clearly mention the post title and location in the subject line of your e-mail/application. Only applications of short listed candidates will be acknowledged.
UNICEF does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, traveling, processing, training or any other fees). UNICEF is a non-smoking working environment. Applications from qualified women are encouraged.