Monitoring & Evaluation Officer (Polio Eradication)
Duty Station: Lucknow
2. Support Lucknow Polio Unit staff and field workers at the sub-regional level on the collection, synthesis and analysis of data related to UNICEF-supported social mobilization activities for polio. Design data entry screens, queries and reports and integrate with other applications for presentations and analysis. Develop information packages containing monthly summaries for project managers at state, regional, district and block level, donors and UNICEF partners in polio eradication. Follow up annual/quarterly work pland and guide sub-regional coordinators of the SMNet on the regular collection and analysis of results related to communication activities; and synthesize sub-regional results into regular updates on the results of the SMNet as a whole.
3. Support the Chief of Lucknow field office, Chief of Polio section and other senior management officials in presenting UNICEF’s analysis of the epidemiological progress of the disease in U.P., the programme response and the results from UNICEF-supported interventions. This analysis, to be prepared on a regular basis, will inform UNICEF’s advocacy agenda with the state government and GOI, partners and national and international media to ensure a timely and appropriate response from Government to interrupt transmission, to mobilize high-level political and social support for the polio eradication campaign in U.P., and to assure donors and partner agencies on the effectiveness of the UNICEF-supported communication strategy. Provide inputs to both donor reports on progress against approved activities, as well as inputs to fundraising for UNICEF activities in polio communication.
4. Regularly liaise with the Director General, Health Services, Director General, Family Welfare IEC Bureau, Additional Director, senior managers of the National Polio Surveillance Project in U.P. and CORE to collect, share and disseminate polio-related epi and SIA data sets, along with communication process data and results. Consolidate various data sets from GoUP, UNICEF, NPSP and CORE into an overall results framework for ongoing analysis, information sharing and advocacy purposes. Ensure that data collected and analyzed is properly shared with partners.
5. Engage in convergence in particular with Health, Nutrition and Water and Sanitation programmes. Act as a resource person polio convergence M&E matrix and on epidemiological data and other monitoring data pulled out from the SMNet field work in view of enhancing routine immunization and other convergence activities. Ensure that the monitoring data around RI is regularly shared within the UNICEF office and with counterparts.
6. Assist third party contractor to manage the SMNet Intranet web site, including regular updates, dissemination of information to field workers and Lucknow staff, and partners.
7. Actively participate in Government, partner and expert-led forums, reviews and consultations related to polio epidemiology, programme response and communication activities. Provide support to the Chief of Lucknow field office, Programme Manager, Polio and Polio section chief in effectively representing UNICEF policy and response to polio eradication.
Minimum two years’ experience in data analysis, pogramme management, and project advocacy preferably in polio eradication programme. Past experience in synthesizing data related to polio epidemiology, supplementary immunization activities and communication programming for polio desirable.
Fluency in written and spoken English and good knowledge of Hindi required. Candidate will have excellent communication skills, and abilities in networking and advocacy particularly with Government and development partners in Uttar Pradesh
• Ability to conceptualize and design a monitoring and evaluation programme
Applications consisting of a covering letter; an up-to-date CV and a completed Personal History form (download) should be sent to email@example.com by 15 August 2012. In order to ensure that your application is sorted correctly, please clearly mention the post title and location in the subject line of your e-mail/application. Only applications of short listed candidates will be acknowledged.
UNICEF does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, traveling, processing, training or any other fees). UNICEF is a non-smoking working environment. Applications from qualified women are encouraged.