Communication Officer (Online Content Management)
Location: New Delhi
Purpose Of The Post
Under the general supervision of the Communication Specialist – L3, maintains and manages on-going, daily engagement over the UNICEF India website and across all social media and third party online outlets; oversees the production and dissemination of content and priority advocacy materials, in line with office-wide communications production plan and in coordination with sections and state offices.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
2. Maintains an overview of all content on the ICO website, providing continuous editorial maintenance as well as soliciting, editing and uploading fresh content from the field and programme sections. Maintains a continuously updated, office-wide plan for the production of communications and advocacy packages, in line with advocacy priorities and prioritised communications needs. Annual production plan should include products, themes and upcoming events, mapped against these prioritized requirements. Identifies, collects and manages new and potential content (e.g. studies, publications, photographs, video) to ensure the continued expansion of the website’s resource function and the go-to online location for anything relating to children in India.
4. Develops and maintains close collaboration and work relations with NYHQ on web issues/uploads etc. as well as with photographers, writers, videographers and other institutional contractors in relation to the website management and coordinates travel related to website related assignments. Manages the contracting out of writing, photography, videography, Flash design or other production in line with production plan. Suggests high quality web packages to be pitched to Geneva for the on-line magazine and to NYHQ for global dissemination and assists in coordinating their preparation and dispatch.
5. Monitors the number and nature of visitors to the UNICEF India website, reviewing feedback and preparing reports on these for review. In consultation with supervisor, develops and implements a website promotion plan, including liaising with partners on link-ups, optimising the websites content for search engines and more.
6. Maintains and manages on-going, daily online engagement, across social media and third party online outlets. Continuously works to improve and increase engagement and dialogue on child rights issues on social media networks leading to an increase in engagement levels and an increase in the number of online supporters / followers. This includes the maintenance of UNICEF India web presence across major Indian web portals (e.g. Yahoo!, Rediff), popular social networking sites (e.g. Facebook, Twitter), content sharing networks (e.g. Youtube) and promoting traffic between these sites and the UNICEF India website. Builds contacts and liases with online partners and institutions to promote this engagement. Works with Civic and Social Media section in NYHQ to incorporate global lessons into the work in India and to share lessons from India with a global UNICEF audience.
Qualifications And Competencies
University degree in a subject relevant to the field (humanities, sociology, development studies) with commensurate work experience and / or training in web content management.
b) Work Experience
Excellent writing, editing, and proofreading skills; Experience working on the content, publishing, design, development and promotional aspects of major organizational websites; Knowledge of UNICEF programs/development and the Indian context a great asset. Strong organization and communication/interpersonal skills required. Knowledge of the Red Dot Content Management System / and or other content management systems also an asset . Basic knowledge of design and lay-out.
Two years relevant professional work experience in web content management especially in a development field.
Fluency in English .
d) Competency Profile
ii) Functional Competencies (Required)
iii) Technical Knowledge
c) Technical Knowledge to be Acquired/Enhanced (for the Job)
• Proven ability to effectively manage relationships with vendors, institutional and individual contractors.
• Well versed in computer systems, internet navigation and various office applications, specifically interactive digital media and design.
Applications consisting of a covering letter; an up-to-date CV and a completed Personal History form (download) should be sent to email@example.com by 15 August 2012. In order to ensure that your application is sorted correctly, please clearly mention the post title and location in the subject line of your e-mail/application. Only applications of short listed candidates will be acknowledged.
UNICEF does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, traveling, processing, training or any other fees). UNICEF is a non-smoking working environment. Applications from qualified women are encouraged.