Programme Specialist (Planning)
Location: New Delhi
Purpose Of The Post
Under the guidance of the Deputy Representative - Programmes, responsible for strengthening internal programme performance and reporting, and pulling together analysis and data to support monitoring of inter-sectoral collaboration, in line with country programme goals and results.
Major Duties And Responsibilities
2. Writes programme/project status reports required for management Board, donors, budget review, programme analysis, annual reports, ensuring accurate reporting and information exchange.
3. Administer a consistent and transparent monitoring system, and brings coherence, synergy and added value to programme planning and review. Designs, prepares and participates in reviews (including following up on implementation of recommendations), and analyzes and evaluates data to inform corrective action where necessary, to meet programme/project objectives.
5. Ensures the accurate and timely input of programme information in computerized programme system and the issuance of status reports for monitoring and evaluation purposes.
7. Assists government authorities to plan and organize capacity building programmes. Identifies training needs for the purpose of capacity building and sustainability of programme/projects.
8. Meets with national and international agencies and counterparts to improve the ability to collect and disseminate information on programme/project status. Participates in meetings with counterparts and partners. Assists in the development and/or introduction of new approaches, methods and practices in project management and evaluation.
Advanced university degree in any of the following: Social Sciences, Public Administration, International Relations, Business Administration, Public Health, Education, or other fields related to the work of UNICEF.
b) Work Experience
Five years progressively responsible professional work experience in social development, project administration, monitoring and evaluation, some at the international level.
Fluency in English and another UN language as required. Knowledge of local working language of the duty station an asset.
d) Competency Profile
iii) Functional Competencies (Required)
b) Specific Technical Knowledge Required [ ]
Applications consisting of a covering letter; an up-to-date CV and a completed Personal History form (download) should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 15 August 2012. In order to ensure that your application is sorted correctly, please clearly mention the post title and location in the subject line of your e-mail/application. Only applications of short listed candidates will be acknowledged.
UNICEF does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, traveling, processing, training or any other fees). UNICEF is a non-smoking working environment. Applications from qualified women are encouraged.