Social Policy Specialist
This vacancy is for Indian nationals only
Major Duties and Responsibilities:-
1. Collect, analyse, coordinate and direct the timely flow of relevant social, economic and political information and situation analysis of women and children and make recommendations necessary for policy and programme development in the relevant state/s.
2. Collaborate with relevant government departments, officials and other partners to identify interventions necessary for the improved planning, implementation and monitoring of assigned programme areas. Support the implementation and assessment of national flagship programmes that are inclusive and perform efficiently; develop strategies which facilitate intersectoral convergence and effective use of human and financial resources within the state/s.
4. Assist in the development and implementation of research, monitoring and evaluation activities in the states with special attention to community based monitoring systems.
5. Participate and contribute to the State Management Team of the field Office, and to regular programme team meetings. Participate and contribute to inter-state activities related to the areas of assignment and in relevant country office meetings. Contribute relevant inputs to annual, donors and other reports and documents.
6. Establish and maintain regular professional contacts with government officials, other partners, including research and training institutions, through joint visits, consultations, meetings. Advocate and promote the adoption of UNICEF policies and strategies, foster alliances to meet objectives.
7. Prepare project workplan, carry out requisitions on line in VISION as well as prepare periodic management reports on the project for review and decisions.
Minimum Qualifications, Experience and competencies required:
Advanced University degree in social sciences or development economics with course work or in one or more areas of UNICEF programming.
Five years of professional work experience related to programme planning, monitoring, and policy analysis with focus on social development and poverty alleviation.
Fluency in English and Hindi. Knowledge of other relevant local language(s) an asset.
ii) Core Competencies (Required)
iii) Functional Competencies (Required)
iv) Technical Knowledge [ ]
b) Common Technical Knowledge Required (for the job group) [ ]
c) Technical Knowledge to be Acquired/Enhanced (for the Job) [ ]
Current knowledge of development issues, policies, social programming policies and procedures in international development cooperation. Proven ability to conceptualise, analyse and plan for actions as well as to transfer knowledge and skills.
Knowledge and use of standard office automation applications related to word processing, graphics presentations etc. as well as Management Information Systems and databases. Knowledge and training on use of work planning tools an asset.
Ability to work in a multicultural and international environment.
Applications consisting of a covering letter; an up-to-date CV and a completed Personal History form (download) should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 8th February 2012. In order to ensure that your application is sorted correctly, please clearly mention the post title and location in the subject line of your e-mail/application. Only applications of short listed candidates will be acknowledged.
UNICEF does not charge any fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, traveling, processing, training or any other fees).
UNICEF is a non-smoking working environment.