Location: New Delhi
Purpose of the post:
Provide support for the communication and advocacy activities of the Regional Communication Media Hub.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:-
1. Will assist the Regional Communication Chief and Communication Officer in executing a regional communication and advocacy strategy on key issues affecting children in the region. Tasks will include assisting in the organization of local, regional, global events initiatives such as media briefing’s, conferences and workshops etc.
2. Organizes data and information, prepares and maintains files, reports, records, documents and control plans for the monitoring of project/programme implementation. Scrutinize and execute operational plans, exchanges of letters, facilitate contracting processes, travel requests and monitor budget expenditure. Takes appropriate follow-up action.
3. Coordinate updating of UNICEF Regional Office of South Asia website and blog.
4. Carry out compilation/analysis of regional media coverage of UNICEF Medium term strategic plan (MTSP) focus areas. Develop easily retrievable media archive system covering in-house and external productions.
5. May be required to carry out specific administrative operational/ control tasks for project/cluster activities.
6. Performs other duties as required.
Qualifications, Experience and competencies required:
1. Knowledge of the media/communication environment, computer/internet skills and diplomacy. Completion of university degree in Communication, Journalism or Public Relations/relevant area, preferably supplemented by technical courses in a field related to the work of the organization or equivalent experience.
2. Seven years of progressively responsible programme and administrative work, of which at least two years should demonstrate experience of conceptual and analytical skills to synthesize information, simplify and communicate complex issues in a coherent, compelling and speedy manner. Ability to interpret public needs and communicate UNICEF’s response to public and effective writing, communication skills. Experience with professional publications and branding an asset.
3. Fluency in spoken and written English and excellent English drafting ability. Knowledge of the local working language of the duty station is an asset.
ii) Core Competencies (Required)
iii) Functional Competencies (Required)
UNICEF is a non-smoking working environment. Applications from qualified women are encouraged.