Senior Information Communication Telecom Assistant
Purpose of the post:
Major Duties and Responsibilities:-
1. Assist with the introduction and technical operation of organizational computer applications (ie. Lotus Notes, Microsoft Exchange, VISION-SAP/ERP, Proms, Rover, DevInfo, etc.). This involves overall understanding of the functioning of the system and the interaction of data between field office and ICO. Assist to install new versions of the systems and troubleshoot ad-hoc user problems in its functioning in the field office. Perform regular admin procedures related to these applications, i.e. System admin tasks
2. Administer the office multi-user network and other data and telecommunication facilities. This involves administering user access to the network, data security of the network, and troubleshooting ad-hoc hardware or software problems experienced on the network. Perform regular systems maintenance through application of software patches and anti-virus updates as well as backup of all systems and user data.
3. Arrange for and/or perform office training and support for computerization. Outside training may need to be arranged or in-house training courses formulated and given. Ad-hoc support to users experiencing difficulties will involve analyzing the source of the problem and solving it, whether hardware or software related for the field office and act as first level support for the office.
4. Provide support/guidance to programme staff in the introduction of information and communications technology in their respective programme areas.
5. Administers the reporting of equipment and software application problems, the diagnosis of source of problem, fixing the problem if possible or liaise with the vendor or global helpdesk for resolution and follow up as necessary.
6. Manage the ICT equipment in the office including upgrade/replacement and distribution planning. Assist with the introduction of specific computer hardware and software. This involves installation of new hardware and software scheduled with users. Maintain the IT equipment inventory for the office.
Minimum Qualifications, Experience and competencies required:
Specific Technical Knowledge required:
Other key competencies required:
Application consisting of a cover letter and an up-to-date CV should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 12th October 2011. In order to ensure that your application is sorted correctly, please clearly mention the title and location of the post in the subject line of your e-mail/application. Only applications of short-listed candidates will be acknowledged. This vacancy is open to Indian nationals only.
UNICEF does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, traveling, processing, training or any other fees).
UNICEF is a non-smoking working environment. Applications from qualified women are encouraged.