Location: New Delhi
Closing Date: 3rd August 2011
Purpose of the post:
As the manager and specialist of administrative management services in India Country Office, including 13 field offices, the incumbent is accountable for provision of managerial leadership and policy guidance for achievement of effective and efficient administrative services in support of the Office and Country Programme. The incumbent will ensures that office’s administrative operations and services are in compliance with the organization's administrative policy, procedures, rules and regulations.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:-
1. Responsible for negotiating and administering all premises at New Delhi and 13 field offices , including coordination with Headquarters for signing of office leases, facilitating MOSS compliance, Government Ministries and Departments and other local bodies and authorities.
2. Management of Protocol related functions including liaison with concerned Ministries and embassies ensuring formalities for settling down of IPOs at New Delhi and Field offices are fully met.
3. Management of official travel – local and international – through coordination and negotiations with travel agency and airlines, liaison with embassies and Ministries, management of Shipments, Travel Authorizations and other related documentation ensuring conformance to staff entitlements.
4. Providing appropriate assistance to UNICEF Official visitors, events management and administrative support to all conferences and official receptions
5. Organization and maintenance of telecommunication and mail operations and reproduction services. Manages service contacts through effective supervision, monitoring of services against contractual obligations etc
6. Supporting development of Administrative Policy Guidelines for ICO, based on NYHQ instructions. Assisting in the interpretation and application of Administrative Instructions, rules and regulations, policies and practices. Assisting Field Offices in establishment of proper admin, systems, structure, procedures and on legal.
7. Monitors Operations budget in close coordination with the Chief, Administration and Finance to ensure smooth operation of the country office and field offices. Recommends and prepares estimates on office premises, supplies and equipment requirements for budget preparation purposes. Assists zone offices in the establishment and maintenance of administrative services. Prepares monitors and controls the administrative budget.
8. Performing staff development functions, including training, supportive supervision and other related measures for effective utilization of all admin. Staff.
Minimum Qualifications, Experience and competencies required:
1. Master’s degree in business management, administration or any other relevant field of discipline.
2. Five years of experience in office management and administration at managerial level in a large sized organization.
i) Core Values (Required)
• Diversity and Inclusion
ii) Core Competencies (Required)
• Communication [II]
• Working with People [II]
• Drive for Results [II]
iii) Functional Competencies (Required)
• Analyzing [II]
• Applying Technical Expertise [II]
• Leading and Supervising [II]
• Formulating Strategies and Concepts [II]
• Planning and Organizing [III]
iv) Technical Knowledge
a) Specific Technical Knowledge required (for the job)
• Specialized knowledge to perform the administrative service management functions of the job at competent level. (UNICEF administrative, accounts/finance, HR, budget, and supply manuals and instructions)
• Security Handbook.
• UNICEF Mid-Term Strategic Plan (MTSP) as it relates to administrative service management.
b) Common Technical Knowledge required (for the job group)
• Principles of office management, operations management, programme management and administration.
• Administrative service management's goals, visions, positions, policies, and strategies
• Information and Communication Technology administration.
• Supply operations, logistics and purchasing administration.
• Rights-based and Results-based management and programming approach in UNICEF.
• UNICEF emergency programme policies, goals, strategies, approaches and procedures.
• Gender equality and diversity awareness
c) Technical Knowledge to be Acquired/Enhanced (for the Job)
• UN policies and strategy to address issues in harmonization of administrative service management and operations in the common system.
• UNICEF positions about UN common approaches to administrative service management and operations issues.
• UN security guidelines.
• Government regulations and laws in the locality pertinent to administrative service management and operations.
Application consisting of a cover letter and an up-to-date CV should be sent by email to email@example.com by 3rd August 2011.
In order to ensure that your application is sorted correctly, please clearly mention the title and location of the post i.e. Administrative Specialist – New Delhi in the subject line of your e-mail/application. Only applications of short-listed candidates will be acknowledged. This vacancy is open to Indian nationals only.
UNICEF does not charge a fee at any stage of the recruitment process (application, interview, meeting, traveling, processing, training or any other fees).
UNICEF is a non-smoking working environment. Applications from qualified women are encouraged.
Keep connected with UNICEF India on Facebook