Human Resources Specialist
Job Code: UNHRS
Location: New Delhi
Closing Date: 14th May, 2011
Purpose of the post:
Under the supervision of the Human Resources Manager, the incumbent will be responsible for providing a comprehensive Human Resources services to staff including recruitment and selection, administration of entitlement, and management information
Major Duties and Responsibilities:-
1. Support, implement and administer the effective and timely recruitment processes in the hiring, developing and retaining the best talents available to support the strategic human recourses needs of the office and the organization. Promote equity, transparency, and consistency in the selection and placement of National Professional and General Service staff. Also participate in recruitment and selection panels and prepare reports.
2. Establish and maintain equity, transparency and consistency in the interpretation, determination, implementation, and administration of HR policy, procedures and guidelines on all HR related matters applicable to the staff. Ensure timely, equitable, transparent and systematic administration of all HR benefits, entitlements, contracts renewal and termination, promotions, performance management and other HR activities.
3. Provide accurate and sound technical analysis to the management and HR planning process in the office as it relates to budget planning, staffing, organization design, and change management.
Contribute to local implementation of corporate HR policies and initiatives; advise on the applicability of new policies and guidelines to country office HR plans and activities.
4. Promote management excellence in the office by ensuring accountability in HR and by demonstrating a high level of skills in the management of staff resources including staff selection (based on merit and the needs of the organization), staff counselling, systematic and equitable performance management. Monitor compliance with all systems and procedures and ensure management integrity and accountability with high quality standards in all activities in HR; ensure the implementation of agreed audit recommendations; advise on corrective measures to be taken and establish relevant internal controls.
5. Provide support in human resources planning, budgeting and its implementation in consultation with the Supervisor.
6. Support/advise Supervisor/Staff as appropriate to ensure a conducive environment in the office resolve staff issues. Provide support to the staff-management bodies in the capacity of HR focal point in the office.
7. Provide professional inputs in reviewing organizational structure, writing job descriptions for new and revised posts, serving as a resource person on local Job Classification Panel.
Qualifications, Experience and competencies required:
1. Advanced university degree in Human Resources, Business Administration, International Relations, Social Sciences, Psychology or related areas.
2. Five years of practical experience in a progressive human resources environment. Working in all areas of HR management as a generalist, with supervisory responsibilities.
3. Fluency in English. Knowledge of local working language of the duty station an asset.
i) Core Values (Required)
• Diversity and Inclusion
ii) Core Competencies (Required)
• Communication [II]
• Drive for Result [III]
• Working With People [III]
iii) Functional Competencies (Required)
• Analyzing [II]
• Planning and Organizing [II]
• Applying Technical Expertise [II]
• Formulating Strategies and Concept [II]
• Leading and Supervising [II]
iv) Technical Knowledge
a) Specific Technical Knowledge Required (for the job)
(Technical knowledge requirements specific to the job can be added here as required.)
• Executive Board and other policy documents; Executive Directives related to the areas of expertise
• RMT Decisions
• Country Programme Management Plans
• Performance Management
• Benefits Administration (MIP, Van Breda, UNJSPF)
• Job Classification Guidelines
• Organization design, planning, development and strategy
• Organization culture, change management,
• Strategic HR planning and management
• UNICEF Financial rules and regulations, Budget policies, procedures, guidelines and instructions
• Staff Relations
• Career and Staff development
• Succession planning
• Staff welfare and rights of staff members
• Local Salary Survey Methodology
b) Technical Knowledge to be Acquired/Enhanced (for the Job)
• Local government regulations and laws as required
• UN policies and strategy relating to the UN Reform and harmonization of the common system
• UN common system approach and harmonization in HR
• UN policies and strategy to address international humanitarian issues and the responses
• UNICEF's HR vision, goals, strategies and policies
• Latest development and future in HR management
• Use of corporate office computer system applications and software, including LAN, email, word processing, spreadsheet, database, telecommunications
• UN guideline on sexual exploitation and abuse by UN staff and partners
• Emergency programme policies, goals, strategies and approaches
• Emergency operations practices and guidelines
• Global human rights issues, specifically relating to children and women, and the current UNICEF position and approaches
• HR technology and systems
• UN Security practices and guidelines
• UNSECORD training for members of Security Management Team
c) Common Technical Knowledge Required (for the job group)
• UN Staff Regulations and Rules and Personnel Directives
• UN mission and system; International Code of Conduct
• UNICEF Mission and UNICEF Guiding Principles
• Principles of HR management and its linkage to UNICEF programmatic goals, visions, positions, policies and strategies (MDGs, UNDAF, HIV/AIDS, WFFC, MTSP, etc.)
• Rights-based and Results-based approach and programming
• UNICEF HR Policy & Procedures Manual (PAM) and rules and regulations, Administrative Instructions and Circulars
• Field Security Manual
Application consisting of a cover letter and an up-to-date CV should be sent to email@example.com by 14th May 2011. In order to ensure that your application is sorted correctly, please clearly mention the Job Code of the post and location in the subject line of your e-mail. Only applications of short listed candidates will be acknowledged. These vacancies are open to Indian Nationals only.
UNICEF is a non-smoking working environment. Applications from qualified women are encouraged.