Private Sector Fund Raising Officer - Donor Acquistion
Job Code: UNPSFR
Location: New Delhi
Closing Date: 14th May, 2011
Purpose of the post:
Under the direct supervision of the Private Sector Fundraising & Partnerships Specialist, the incumbent will be responsible for developing and implementing fundraising strategies –focusing mainly on the individual one time and pledge donor acquisition through Direct Marketing, Tele-facing, Face to Face, On-line and other methods- to raise funds locally in order to support implementation of country approved program in general, and determined programme activities in particular.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:-
1. Contribute to formulation of DM strategy and overall ICO PSFR strategy and plans.
2. Contribute to overall implementation of Direct Marketing plans and achieve set targets through direct mail, pledges and co-branded mailings and other outsourced relationships.
3. Responsible for managing vendor relationships and trainings to ensure targets and quality for new one off and pledge donors through Direct Mail, Tele-facing, Face to Face, On-line and other mediums.
4. Support market researches to identify prospective partners and/or alternative means of local fundraising.
5. Keep track of fundraising activities and prepare reports as needed by the supervisor, Dy. Rep., RSC- PSD.
6. Perform other duties related to the work of UNICEF as required
Qualifications, Experience and competencies required:
• University degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Advertising. Training in sales required.
• Minimum 2 years of relevant professional work experience in working on acquiring new individual business through managing various channels. A fund-raising experience will be a preference.
• Fluency in English. Knowledge of local working language of duty station an asset.
• Proven skills in managing relationships multiple agencies and managing performance results
• Ability to draft clearly and concisely ideas and concepts in written and oral form.
• Proven ability to work as part of a team.
• Ability to work in fundraising for emergencies.
Application consisting of a cover letter and an up-to-date CV should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 14th May 2011. In order to ensure that your application is sorted correctly, please clearly mention the Job Code of the post and location in the subject line of your e-mail. Only applications of short listed candidates will be acknowledged. These vacancies are open to Indian Nationals only.
UNICEF is a non-smoking working environment. Applications from qualified women are encouraged.