Social Policy Specialist
Job Code: UNSPS
Purpose of the post:
The incumbent will be responsible for providing support to the UNICEF Field Office and the State Government for social policy, data base and analysis development as well as for providing inputs in the development of monitoring and evaluation systems in support of the cooperation between the Government of India and UNICEF
Major Duties and Responsibilities:-
1. Collect, analyse, coordinate and direct the timely flow of relevant social, economic and political information and situation analysis of women and children and make recommendations necessary for policy and programme development in the relevant state/s.
2. Collaborate with relevant government departments, officials and other partners to identify interventions necessary for the improved planning, implementation and monitoring of assigned programme areas. Support the design and implementation of national flagship programmes that are inclusive and perform efficiently; develop strategies which facilitate intersectoral convergence and effective use of human and financial resources within the state/s.
3. Track new and innovative trends in social policy and advocate/disseminate new ideas with policy makers and other stakeholders
4. Assist in the development and implementation of research, monitoring and evaluation activities in the states with special attention to community based monitoring systems.
5. Participate and contribute to the State Management Team of the field Office, and to regular programme team meetings. Participate and contribute to inter-state activities related to the areas of assignment and in relevant country office meetings. Contribute relevant inputs to annual, donors and other reports and documents.
6. Establish and maintain regular professional contacts with government officials, other partners, including research and training institutions, through joint visits, consultations, meetings. Advocate and promote the adoption of UNICEF policies and strategies, foster alliances to meet objectives.
7. Prepare project workplan, carry out requisitions on line in ProMS as well as prepare periodic management reports on the project for review and decisions.
Qualifications, Experience and competencies required:
• Advanced university degree in Social Sciences, International Relations, Political Science, International Finance, public relations, media, communication, or other relevant disciplines.
• Proven ability to conceptualise, analyse and plan for actions as well as to transfer knowledge and skills.
• Proven record of initiatives in the conceptualisation, planning and implementation of social development programmes.
• Good analytical, negotiating, communication and advocacy skills
• Knowledge and use of standard office automation applications related to word processing, graphics presentations etc. as well as Management Information Systems and databases. Knowledge and training on use of workplanning tools an asset.
• Ability to work in a multicultural and international environment.
Application consisting of a cover letter and an up-to-date CV should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11 May 2011. In order to ensure that your application is sorted correctly, please clearly mention the Job Code of the post and location in the subject line of your e-mail/application. Only applications of short listed candidates will be acknowledged. These vacancies are open to Indian Nationals only.
UNICEF is a non-smoking working environment. Applications from qualified women are encouraged.