Job Code: UNLSO
Location: New Delhi
Closing Date: 11th May, 2011
Purpose of the post:
The incumbent will be responsible for the development and delivery of UNICEF India’s licensing strategy and activities with the objective to maximize income and brand visibility for UNICEF. The licensing officer will also handle relationships with key retails chains to explore marketing /brand-building led tie-ups for UNICEF.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:-
Management of License Agreements
• Agrees the business strategy and annual marketing plan with the licensee in consultation with the Regional Support Centre.
• Assures UNICEF visual brand identity is consistent across all channels and licensees based on the UNICEF Brand Guidelines and Toolkit.
• Approves the licensee’s national marketing and promotional activity plans and executions in consultation with the Regional Support Centre. Brings ideas and supports the licensee in the development of new initiatives consistent with the regional/global strategy.
• Obtains PFP Product Development approval of product concept, product/packaging artwork, final sample and promotional materials.
• Monitors sales on a quarterly and annual basis to ensure agreed sales targets are met and that the correct royalty fees are paid. Agrees corrective action if needed in consultation with the Regional Support Centre.
• Coordinates inspection of licensee linked to any part of the agreement.
• Manages termination of licensee agreement process and orderly winding down when relevant in consultation with the PFP Regional Support Centre and HQ.
Establishing fund-raising and advocacy relationships with retail chains
• Contact key retail players in the country to explore options of customer fund-raising or marketing led tie-ups to either raise funds or for advocacy
Strategy and Implementation
• Implements the licensing strategy and leads development of the execution plans taking into account the local market conditions.
• Ensures integration at country level of the licensing strategy and activities with UNICEF’s one-income strategy, advocacy program and communication objectives.
• Defines the expense budget and ensures adherence in coordination with the appropriate country office staff.
• Prepares annually a Licensing Business Review report for the country licensing activities.
Relationship Management with licensees
• Manages a positive and collaborative working relationship with licensee(s).
• Attends retail appointments and licensee’s sales meetings when appropriate to provide background, conduct training and excite & engage the sales teams.
• Visits retailers to see in-store execution in the country of the UNICEF product-line(s) and suggest improvements.
• Invites licensee(s) and key/potential retailers to in- country UNICEF events when appropriate.
Identification of and Engagement with viable licensees
• Develops and manages the appropriate strategy to identify best potential partners.
• Analyses the national market, identifies licensing opportunities and potential partners.
• Prepares and makes the UNICEF sales pitch through targeted presentations including presentation of the Country Office’s work, introduction to Cards & Gifts business and outlining of possible areas of collaboration.
• Conducts Due Diligence on potential licensees (including reviewing potential licensing partner’s background and performance), submits to the PFP Corporate Screening process and obtains approval through PFP of compliance of the licensee to the Social Audit and Safety Requirements.
• Coordinates with the Regional Support Centre concerning any potential multi-country/regional licensees.
Negotiation of License Agreements
• Leads the negotiation process and the development of the 3-5 year business case (incl. income projections per channel, local pricing etc) with the licensee.
• Obtains all necessary information for decision making (including marketing plans, quality of reference samples, product concepts etc.).
• Completes the licensing agreement in coordination with PFP Central marketing.
• Ensures legal clearance and signature of the contract through PFP Central Marketing.
• Monitors compliance with the terms and conditions of the contract on an on-going basis.
Share and Re-apply
• Attends annual licensing meeting organized by the Regional group and shares experiences with the regional/global team.
• Attends PFP global Sales & Marketing meeting when appropriate.
Qualifications, Experience and competencies required:
• University degree in Marketing or Economics or Business Administration.
• Minimum two years of progressively responsible work experience in consumer products based marketing and/or sales, ideally with at least a year experience in licensing products into retail/companies. Knowledge of the UN business environment and previous experience in a UN agency is an asset.
• Fluency in spoken and written English. Knowledge of local language of the duty station an asset.
i) Core Values (Required)
Diversity and Inclusion
ii) Core Competencies (Required)
Working with People
Drive for Results
iii) Functional Competencies (Required)
Relating & Networking (negotiating)
Applying Technical Expertise
Application consisting of a cover letter and an up-to-date CV should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11 May 2011. In order to ensure that your application is sorted correctly, please clearly mention the Job Code of the post and location in the subject line of your e-mail/application. Only applications of short listed candidates will be acknowledged. These vacancies are open to Indian Nationals only.
UNICEF is a non-smoking working environment.Applications from qualified women are encouraged.