Job Code: UNEOL
Purpose of the post:
The incumbent will be responsible for providing support to the UNICEF Field Office and the State Government for planning, implementation and monitoring of education programmes and in support of the Right to Children to Free and Compulsory Education Act (RTE 2009). The Post will have a special focus on children and women from disadvantaged groups of the community, through innovative, systematic programming and advocacy, in the state of Uttar Pradesh
Major Duties and Responsibilities:-
1. Support and provide assistance to Education Specialist in the planning and management of Educationprogrammes in the state of Uttar Pradesh and in context of RTE, especially with regard tochildrenfrommarginalized communities including girls, working children and out-of-school children.
2. Undertake field visits to UNICEF project sites, assess local conditions and resources, monitor inputs; conduct periodic Programme reviews with government counterparts and other partners.
3. Under the overall guidance of Education Specialist collaborate with state, district, Panchayat and MunicipalAuthorities and programme colleagues in the UNICEF Field Office in (I) programme development,(ii) formulation ofplans of action and implementation of activities and (iii)setting up monitoring systems of projects underway. Represent UNICEF at meetings and workshops.
4. Provide support for planning, implementation and monitoring of training, research, awareness building and social mobilization activities under the Education programmes.
5. Provide support for planning, implementation and monitoring of training, research, awareness building and social mobilization activities under the Education programmes.
Qualifications, Experience and competencies required:
• University degree in Education or Social Sciences or related fields.
UNICEF is a non-smoking working environment. Applications from qualified women are encouraged.