Planning, Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
Job Code: UNPMEB
Purpose of the post:
The incumbent will be responsible for providing support to the UNICEF Field Office and the State Government in the area of Planning, Monitoring & Evaluation as well as for providing inputs in the development of monitoring and evaluation systems in support of the cooperation between the Government of India and UNICEF.
1. Assist in developing and maintaining a database on development indicators related to women and children and provide service to project officers and Chief, Field Office with the objective of helping policy analysis and evidence based programme development for action on children.
2. Collaborate with relevant government departments, officials and other partners to identify interventions necessary for the improved planning, implementation and monitoring of assigned programme areas with a focus on most disadvantaged groups.
3. Track new and innovative trends in social policy and advocate/disseminate new ideas with policy makers and other stakeholders.
4. Assist in the development, coordination and implementation of research, monitoring and evaluation activities in the states with special attention to community based monitoring systems, through the provision of technical assistance.
5. Participate and contribute to the State Management Team of the field Office, and to regular programme team meetings. Participate and contribute to inter-state activities related to the areas of assignment and in relevant country office meetings. Contribute relevant inputs to annual, donors and other reports and documents.
6. Establish and maintain regular professional contacts with government officials, other partners, including research and training institutions, through joint visits, consultations, meetings. Advocate and promote the adoption of UNICEF policies and strategies, foster alliances to meet objectives.
7. Prepare project workplan, carry out requisitions on line in ProMS as well as prepare periodic management reports on the project for review and decisions. Ensure accurate and timely input of programme information in computerized programme system and issuance of status reports for monitoring and evaluation purposes.
Qualifications, Experience and competencies required:
• University degree in social sciences, development planning, planning, evaluation, survey implementation, advanced statistical research.
• Current knowledge of development issues, policies, social programming policies and procedures in international development cooperation.
• Proven ability to conceptualise, analyse and plan for actions as well as to transfer knowledge and skills.
• Proven record of initiatives in the conceptualisation, planning and implementation of social development programmes.
• Good analytical, negotiating, communication and advocacy skills
• Knowledge and use of standard office automation applications related to word processing, graphics presentations etc. as well as Management Information Systems and databases. Knowledge and training on use of workplanning tools an asset.
• Ability to work in a multicultural and international environment.
Application consisting of a cover letter and an up-to-date CV should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11 May 2011. In order to ensure that your application is sorted correctly, please clearly mention the Job Code of the post and location in the subject line of your e-mail/application. Only applications of short listed candidates will be acknowledged. These vacancies are open to Indian Nationals only.