Duration 364 Days
Closing Date: 6th April 2011
Purpose of the post:
Under the direction and guidance of Chief, State Office, the Emergency Officer will be responsible for supporting activities related to management and coordination of major development and humanitarian projects aimed at civil strife affected areas in Chhattisgarh, particularly in Bastar region.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:-
1) Under the leadership of the Chief, State Office, support the overall implementation of strategy and projects in civil strife affected districts in Bastar (Dantewada, Bijapur, Narayanpur) and in moderately affected districts such as, Rajnangaon, Sarguja and Jashpur.
2) Support in management of ECHO funded humanitarian assistance programme programme including donor reporting.
3) Provide technical support to State offices in emergency assessment, preparation of response and monitoring plans during any crisis situation.
4) Provide necessary support during emergencies for carrying out relief operation such as Planning of emergency operations, distribution of relief supplies, activate monitoring mechanisms, implement awareness campaign etc.
5) Coordinate with UNICEF specialist based in Raipur to ensure that all planned activities are implemented as per CCC and comply with the standards and best practice.
6) Enable sharing of relevant information between States/sections for the purpose of monitoring, programme adjustment and coordination across sectors where necessary.
7) Field visits in order to monitor programme implementation, operational performance and adherence to agree upon processes at field level.
8) Any other task as assigned by the supervisor
Qualifications, Experience and competencies required:
• University degree, preferably in social sciences; disaster management, development, or related technical field
• At least two year’s professional work experience in project design, administration, implementation, including data collection and analysis. Previous work experience in emergency programme management and with community-based projects highly desirable
• Fluency in English & Hindi required. Knowledge of the local working language of the duty station is an asset.
• Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment, and establish harmonious and effective working relationships both within and outside the organization
• Good analytical, negotiating, communication and advocacy skills
• Demonstrated skills in documentation, such as proposal writing, activity report, donor reports
• Planning and monitoring skills; ability to organize work & projects
• Proven ability to plan and organize work independently
• Ability to make timely and quality judgments and decisions
• Computer skills, including internet navigation, and various office applications
• Commitment to continuous learning for professional development
• Initiative, passion and commitment to UNICEF’s mission and professional values
• Demonstrated skills in use of gender sensitive programme planning and use of Sphere and other standards.
Applications consisting of a covering letter; an up-to-date CV and a completed Personal History form (Download here) should be sent to email@example.com two weeks of publication of this advertisement.
In order to ensure that your application is sorted correctly, please clearly mention the Job Code of the post and location in the subject line of your e-mail/application. Only applications of short listed candidates will be acknowledged.
UNICEF is a non-smoking working environment. Applications from qualified women are encouraged.