Planning, Monitoring & Evaluation Officer
Job Code – UNPME-1
Location: Guwahati & Raipur
Closing Date: 30/3/2011
Purpose of the post:
Under the supervision of Chief, Field Office , the incumbent will provide technical support to the Field Office and the state government for the accomplishment of the desired key-end results by providing professional expertise and assistance in information/data collection, statistics and data analysis as well as monitoring & evaluation systems.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:-
1. Develop and maintain database on development indicators related to women and children and provide technical inputs/service to project officers and Chief, Field Office with the objective of helping policy analysis and programme development for action on children. Provide technical oversight and guidance to District Support.
2. Collaborate with relevant government departments, officials and other partners to identify interventions necessary for the improved planning, implementation and monitoring of assigned programme areas.
3. Track new and innovative trends in social policy and advocate/disseminate new ideas with policy makers and other stakeholders.
4. Assist in the development, coordination and implementation of research, monitoring and evaluation activities in the states with special attention to community based monitoring systems, through the provision of technical assistance.
5. Establish and maintain regular professional contacts with government officials, other partners, including research and training institutions, through joint visits, consultations, meetings. Advocate and promote the adoption of UNICEF policies and strategies, foster alliances to meet objectives.
6. Participate and contribute to the State Management Team of the field Office, and to regular programme team meetings. Participate and contribute to inter-state activities related to the areas of assignment and in relevant country office meetings. Contribute relevant inputs to annual, donors and other reports and documents.
7. Prepare project work plan, carry out requisitions on line in ProMS as well as prepare periodic management reports on the project for review and decisions. Ensure accurate and timely input of programme information in computerized programme system and issuance of status reports for monitoring and evaluation purposes
Qualifications, Experience and competencies required:
• University degree in social sciences, development planning, planning, evaluation, survey implementation or advanced statistical research.
• Minimum two years of relevant professional work experience in programme development and implementation including monitoring and evaluation activities.
• Fluency in English is essential. Knowledge of local working language of duty station an asset.
Application consisting of a cover letter and an up-to-date CV should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 30th March 2011. In order to ensure that your application is sorted correctly, please clearly mention the Job Code of the post and location applied for in the subject line of your e-mail/application. Only applications of short listed candidates will be acknowledged. These vacancies are open to Indian Nationals only. Candidates who have applied earlier need not to apply again.
UNICEF is a non-smoking working environment. Applications from qualified women are encouraged.