Administrative Assistant (Transport)
Job Code: UNAA-T
Location: New Delhi
Purpose of the post:
The incumbent will be responsible for all official transport management including assigning duties to drivers, maintenance of official vehicles, arranging vehicles through contracted agency, processing the fuel bills for official vehicles, process bills for contracted agency, etc.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:-
1. Responsible for management of official vehicle fleet, assign duties to drivers and monitor movement of vehicles. Arrange pick-up, drop-off at airport/railway station for staff on duty travel.
2. Liaise with transporters and arrange transport facilities for field visits/workshops, for domestic and international airport transfers. Arrange private cars, buses/coaches as required. Scrutinize bills, process timely payments. Monitors the quality of vehicles and drivers to be provided by contracted agency.
3. Update and maintain list of all ICO admin vehicles, review vehicle log books, monitor mileage for official and personal use and prepare monthly reports. Support registration of official vehicles.
4. Ensure regular maintenance of vehicles through daily checking by drivers, regular timely servicing and detailed vehicle records. Process payments for petrol/diesel and charges for maintenance of office vehicles.
5. Responsible for procurement of uniform for drivers and ancillary staff. Scrutinizes and process bills related to transport services.
Qualifications, Experience and competencies required:
ii) Core Competencies (Required)
iii) Functional Competencies (Required)
Application consisting of a cover letter and an up-to-date CV should be sent by email to firstname.lastname@example.org by 18 March 2011. In order to ensure that your application is sorted correctly, please clearly mention the Job Code of the post in the subject line of your e-mail/application. Only applications of short-listed candidates will be acknowledged. This vacancy is open to Indian nationals only.
UNICEF is a non-smoking working environment. Applications from qualified women are encouraged.