Job Code: UNOA-B/ UNOA- L/ UNOA-P)
Location: Bhopal / Lucknow / Patna
Purpose of the post:
Perform routine admin and finance functions in support of UNICEF cooperation in the Field Office.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:-
1. Carry out routine admin and finance functions as delegated by the supervisor. These will include, finance and banking operations, supply/procurement administration, supporting recruitment, and contribution to audit requirements. Manage travel desk in the office, check and verify travel bills .Handle hotel accommodation as per need.
2. Assist the supervisor(s) and other staff in the preparation of reports/documentation to facilitate the Operations function of the State Office. Provide logistic support for the organization for meetings, special events/ conferences, seminars and workshops, follow-up on participation, on-site facilitation tasks, and related follow-up action. Coordinate with other colleagues in the office to facilitate efficient workflow, participate in relevant meetings and undertake follow-up.
3. Within the office-wide system, responsible for the filing/retrieval and reminder systems, relevant to the Operations functions (Finance, Admin, Audit, HR and Supply and IT) plus any assigned programmes/projects.
4. Arrange and keep track of appointments, meetings, other important events for supervisor(s); take and transcribe minutes of in house or external meetings as required; receive visitors, screen telephone calls, respond to routine requests for information; prepare travel schedule and related documentation.
5. Compose type and send routine communications, including CC-mail, in accordance with established procedures, and respond to routine verbal/written enquiries. Draft correspondence from oral instructions, previous correspondence or other available information for supervisors signature. Type documents, reports, statements, letters etc. using standard UNICEF software. Ensure judicious use of communication channels, collate and update data/statistics related to operations for preparing presentations, graphs and reports, using available computer software, for in-house and external use.
Qualifications, Experience and competencies required:
Application consisting of a cover letter and an up-to-date CV should be sent by email to email@example.com by 25 February 2011. In order to ensure that your application is sorted correctly, please clearly mention the Job Code of the post in the subject line of your e-mail/application. Only applications of short-listed candidates will be acknowledged. This vacancy is open to Indian nationals only.
UNICEF is a non-smoking working environment.Applications from qualified women are encouraged.