Job Code: UNR-D
Location: New Delhi
Closing Date: 25/02/2011
Purpose of the post:
To operate EPABX Telephone Exchange, receive visitors and perform related functions as Receptionist for the office.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:-
1. Operate the EPABX Telephone System for India Country Office, New Delhi.
2. Receive and screen visitors and facilitate visits to the concerned staff members within the office, ensuring all related security guidelines are followed. Provide information / printed material to visitors as required.
3. Facilitate booking of internal meeting rooms on Lotus Notes and prepare daily meeting schedules for sharing with housekeeping/ IT services.
4. Monitor functioning of external and internal telephone lines by coordinating between IT/ Communications/ outside agency/telephone exchange so as to ensure efficient and smooth functioning of telephone system.
5. Regularly update Delhi telephone extension list, telephone numbers of official contacts/ EPABX extensions/field offices and circulate to all staff, update Lotus Notes Data base for trip reports.
6. Assist staff in making STD/ISD Calls and maintain a log register/file for outgoing STD/ISD Calls. Scrutinize bills for personal calls booked through the Board.
7. Operate fax machine as and when required, and perform other duties as and when required.
Qualifications, Experience and competencies required:
1. Completion of Secondary education or equivalent – with specialized training from a recognized institution in switchboard operation and public relations.
2. Three years’ experience as switchboard operator/receptionist.
3. Fluency in English language essential. Working knowledge of Hindi and other local language desirable.
Application consisting of a cover letter and an up-to-date CV should be sent by email to email@example.com by 25 February 2011. In order to ensure that your application is sorted correctly, please clearly mention the Job Code of the post in the subject line of your e-mail/application. Only applications of short-listed candidates will be acknowledged. This vacancy is open to Indian nationals only.
UNICEF is a non-smoking working environment. Applications from qualified women are encouraged.