Senior Human Resources Assistant
Job Code: UNHA
Location: New Delhi
Purpose of the post:
Under the direct supervision of the HR Manager, assist in the human resources services of all categories of staff in the country office.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:-
1. Promote equity, transparency and consistency in the interpretation, determination, implementation of HR policy, procedures and guidelines on all HR related matters applicable to the staff in the country office.
2. Assist in the administration of HR benefits and entitlements for national and international staff i.e. contracts renewal, separation, promotion, within-grade increment, change of family and personal status, follow up with UNJSPF and MIP and other HR services in a timely, equitable, transparent and systematic manner. Maintain and update official status files of staff.
3. Scrutinize and process all requests for engagement of individual contractors/consultants in accordance with the Administrative Instructions on Consultants and Individual Contractors. Review and analyze contract proposals and bring to the attention of Supervisor, points that require further clarifications and follow-up, as necessary. Assist in the development and maintenance of a roaster for consultants by broad sectoral areas. Coordinate with Sections and Field Offices for monitoring contracts issued and prepare quarterly status reports.
4. Provide support in recruitment including participation in interview panels, Central Review Body (CRB), preparation of minutes and follow up actions.
5. Perform other administrative tasks such as serving as Secretary Central Review Body (CRB), Joint Consultative Committee (JCC) and Job Classification Panel (JCP).
6. Support briefing and orientation to newly arrived staff on HR and administrative procedures, in the implementation of training programmes and learning activities as well as on performance management as required.
7. Provide support in the preparation of biennium staffing budget and other documentation required for presentation to Integrated Budget Review (IBR).
Qualifications, Experience and competencies required:
Application consisting of a cover letter and an up-to-date CV should be sent by email to email@example.com by 25 February 2011. In order to ensure that your application is sorted correctly, please clearly mention the Job Code of the post in the subject line of your e-mail/application. Only applications of short-listed candidates will be acknowledged. This vacancy is open to Indian nationals only.
UNICEF is a non-smoking working environment. Applications from qualified women are encouraged.