(JOB CODE: UNPMB)
Purpose of the post:
Coordinate the operational aspects of the programme for efficient and effective programme implementation. Leverage the coordination of convergent districts and presence of the District Facilitators to give better results for women and children.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:-
1. Supervises the day to day programme management of the programme sectors both at the state as well as at the district level. Establishes programme work plans, monitors compliance and provides training, support and guidance to the programme team in order to meet objectives. Identifies human resources requirements and ongoing staff development needs. Be responsible for the social policy programme.
2. Leads the integration of programming in the convergent districts. Provides guidance and direction for convergent programme planning, implementation and analysis through ongoing consultations with various units, especially on general policy direction and influencing as well as programme management.
3. Represents UNICEF in meetings with senior state government officials as well as multi-lateral and bi-lateral agencies, to influence policy development, advocate and promote UNICEF programme goals and objectives, and communicate with major partners on organizational policies. Participates in tripartite and other meetings with ministries responsible for programme/project development and reviews, and follows up on the implementation of recommendations and agreements.
5. Reviews and evaluates the technical, institutional and financial feasibility and constraints of programme/projects in collaboration with Government and other partners. Undertakes field visits and surveys to monitor and evaluate implementation, identifies problems and proposes remedial action. Identifies or decides on alternative courses of action to accelerate/improve programme delivery and ensure capacity building and programme sustainability.
6. Supervises the preparation of relevant programme reports required for management, the Executive Board, donors, budget reviews, programme analysis, annual reports, etc.
7. Deputizes for the Chief of Field Office and represents him/her in meetings in fields of social and development policy with the authority to take decisions in non-policy issues. Supports overall management through participation in management meetings to review office operations, human resources, programme and administrative budgets. Advises the Chief of Field Office on the overall direction of the programmes and assists in discussions on overall policy and programme direction.
Qualifications, Experience and competencies required:
Application consisting of a cover letter and an up-to-date CV should be sent to email@example.com by 25th February 2011. In order to ensure that your application is sorted correctly, please clearly mention the Job Code of the post in the subject line of your e-mail. . Only applications of short listed candidates will be acknowledged. These vacancies are open to Indian Nationals only.
UNICEF is a non-smoking working environment.