Child Protection Specialist
JOB CODE – UNCPS-01
Purpose of the post:
Major Duties and Responsibilities:-
• Convenes strategic partnerships – among government, non-government and community based organizations to impact on overall child protection policies, to support child protection programmes and leverage resources in the States. Promotes the organization goals of UNICEF through advocacy and policy dialogue through active engagement in communication, networking and participation at every opportunity inside and outside UNICEF, leveraging the strength of UNICEF mission, goals and programmes. Interacts with State, national and international agencies and commissions, on the management of child protection programmes/projects. Participates in meetings with Ministries/Departments responsible for programme/project review, and follows up on implementation of recommendations and agreements. Assists in the development and/or introduction of new approaches, new partners methods and practices in project management and evaluation.
• With guidance from the Section, takes primary responsibility for the development of the sectoral work plan and technical decisions as well as for programme management, implementation and monitoring of the Child Protection Programme in Tamil Nadu and Kerala, in compliance with the defined programme strategies and approaches. Promotes the quality of rights-based Child Protection programmes through participation in the formulation of programme goals, strategies and approaches. Brings coherence, synergy and added value to sectoral or inter-sectoral management processes using a results-based management approach to planning and design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation.
• Assists government authorities and non-government partners to plan and organize capacity building programmes with respect to child protection. Identifies training needs for the purpose of capacity building and sustainability of programme/projects. Provides technical expertise as required, facilitates learning exchanges as well as policy influencing.
• Coordinates with the Operations/Supply staff/programme support on supply and non-supply assistance activities ensuring proper and timely UNICEF and Government accountability. Certifies disbursements of funds, as per UNICEF rules and procedures monitors and submits financial status reports to Programme Manager or Chief Field Office as required.
• Writes programme/project inputs for donor proposals, status reports required for management, Executive Board and donors, budget review, programme analysis, annual reports, etc.
• Advanced university degree in any of the following: Social Sciences, Child Development, Education, Human rights or other fields related to the work of UNICEF.
Application consisting of a cover letter and an up-to-date CV should be sent to email@example.com by 25th August 2010. In order to ensure that your application is sorted correctly, please clearly mention the Job Code of the post and location applied for in the subject line of your e-mail/application. For more details of the posts and full job descriptions, visit the UNICEF India website at www.unicef.in and click on “Careers at UNICEF” at the bottom of the page. Only applications of short listed candidates will be acknowledged. These vacancies are open to Indian Nationals only.
UNICEF is a non-smoking working environment.