Job Code: UNNS
Purpose of the post:
Responsible for facilitating and influencing the State Government’s policy, planning, implementation, monitoring and evaluation, for the Child Development and Nutrition programme within one State in India.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:-
1. Influencing Policy : Analyses and recommends policies, systems of management, risk allocation and coordination systems around the Child Development and Nutrition programme.
2. Building Partnerships : Convenes strategic partnerships to impact on overall policies for Child Development and Nutrition, to support programmes and resources in the States Interacts with national and international agencies, missions and commissions, on the management of the Child Development and Nutrition programme. Participates in meetings with Ministries/Departments of Women and Child Development, Health and Family Welfare (and others as needed), responsible for programme/project review, and follows up on implementation of recommendations and agreements.
3. Programme Implementation : With guidance from the Child Development and Nutrition Section (Technical Centre of Excellence), proposes designs for the Child Development and Nutrition Programme. When agreed, prepares, implements, monitors and evaluates the UNICEF assisted Child Development and Nutrition programme or specific project(s)such as community based early child care models, interventions to address micronutrient malnutrition and ICDS systems quality improvement.
4. Monitoring and Evaluation : Facilitates the review of systems and capacity related to delivery of services for Child Development and Nutrition, and the interventions to improve such systems and capacities. Undertakes field visits to monitor programmes (including cash and supply assistance), as well as conducting periodic programme reviews with government counterparts and other partners. Identifies and recommends necessary action for adjustments in the Child Development and Nutrition programme.
5. Work plan development : Responsible for the development of the Child Development and Nutrition work plan, and ensures compliance with specific assigned objectives. Provides guidance and support to subordinate staff to manage and implement projects.
6. Capacity Building and technical assistance for Government : Assists government authorities, in partnership with training institutions, to plan and organize capacity building programmes. Identifies training needs for the purpose of capacity building and sustainability of programme/ projects. Provides technical expertise as required, facilitates learning exchanges as well as policy influencing.
7. Inter-sectoral collaboration : Proactively collaborates within the state and/or sector with programme colleagues to give and receive knowledge and assistance. Pooling resources for more effective programming. Assists in development of appropriate communication and information strategy to support and/or advocate development of the Child Development and Nutrition programme.
8. Supplies and Cash Assistance : Coordinates with the Operations/Supply staff/programme support on supply and non-supply assistance activities ensuring proper and timely UNICEF and Government accountability. Certifies disbursements of funds, as per UNICEF rules and procedures monitors and submits financial status reports to Senior Programme Officer or Representative as required.
9. Report Writing : Writes programme/project inputs for donor proposals, status reports required for management Board, donors, budget review, programme analysis, annual reports, case studies, etc.
Application consisting of a cover letter and an up-to-date CV should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by 11th August 2010. In order to ensure that your application is sorted correctly, please clearly mention the Job Code of the post and location in the subject line of your e-mail.
UNICEF is a non-smoking working environment. Applications from qualified women are encouraged.