Job Code: UNHLS
Purpose of the post:
To provide technical support to the state governments for planning, implementation, training and monitoring of the select health interventions for improved child survival, disease reduction and safe motherhood.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:-
1. Strategic Planning: Collaborate with the government to identify interventions and activities necessary for the improved planning, implementation and monitoring of young child survival, safe motherhood and disease control in both rural and urban areas.
2. Partnerships & Alliances: Support state and district level initiatives of improved quality and equitable coverage within the health sector by promoting, influencing, facilitating and leading network and partnership building with NGOs, academic institutions, professional associations and private sector.
3. Evidence Generation: Ensure acute and sustained awareness of UNICEF’s policy and priorities, as well as the health problems of women and children in the country and its states and the services available to them with particular reference to young child survival, safe motherhood and disease control.
4. Operational Planning and Implementation: Undertake responsibility for developing project-specific work plans and activities, monitor and implement the activities which include conducting of workshops, meetings and training programmes; extensive field visits for review and spot checks, compiling progress reports and input-output statistics and analysis with specific reference to young child survival and safe motherhood.
5. Support the establishment/adaptation/refinement of measures for system strengthening and quality improvement to ensure continuity, effectiveness and sustainability of child survival and maternal health services.
6. Provide technical support for the planning, implementation and monitoring of training activities, awareness building (social communications) activities, particularly with reference to young child survival, safe motherhood and disease control and to promote concepts of promotive/preventive family and community health. Identify training needs, prepare training plans and improve quality of training.
UNICEF is a non-smoking working environment. Applications from qualified women are encouraged.