Programme Officer (Capacity Development)
Job code: UNPOCD
Purpose of the post:
Major Duties and Responsibilities:
1. Provide strategic guidance, review and approve training plans of the sub regions and districts (based on review and planning meetings with the field staff) with special focus on ensuring that the training needs reflect priorities related to polio eradication, as well as other key programme interventions in the Community Mobilization Coordinator (CMC) areas, including routine immunization, child health and nutrition, water and sanitation.
2. Provide regular technical guidance and support to the field-based training coordinators and SMNet trainers. Arrange Training of Trainers (TOT) for the training coordinators and other SMNet staff to enhance their participatory training skills. Provide support as second supervisor of the Training Coordinators of the SMNet at the sub-regional level.
3. Provide inputs to preparing and pre-testing of training materials for the use of Polio Eradication Initiative. As necessary, procure and adapt suitable health education materials developed by other agencies.
4. Support other partners (such as Health, NPSP, NCC, NSS, DUDA, PRI, ICDS etc.) in planning and conducting orientation for the volunteers so as to intensify joint communication interventions, primarily in the CMC areas. And also share training materials, tools and curriculum with the key social mobilization partners (Government and NGOs) to enhance quality in their trainings.
5. Document training experiences, with the inputs of the training coordinators, and share with the polio partners (Government and NGOs) for replication of the successful training interventions, tools and modules.
6. Assess the effects of training by collecting data in the CMC areas and provide feedback to trainers and relevant SMNet staff for corrective measures.
7. Regular assess the effectiveness of the training programme, document outcomes and contribute to write-ups/reports that explain the training component of the overall polio communication strategy.
• Post graduate diploma or other qualification in development communication and specialization in training.
Application consisting of a cover letter and an up-to-date CV should be sent to email@example.com before 24th February 2010. In order to ensure that your application is sorted correctly, please clearly mention the Job Code of the post and location in the subject line of your e-mail/application. Only applications of short listed candidates will be acknowledged. This vacancy is open to Indian Nationals only.
UNICEF is a non-smoking working environment.