Purpose of the Post:
Major Duties and Responsibilities:-
1. Ensures the preparation of the Situation Analysis and its periodic update. Prepares input to the Country Programme Recommendation (CPR) and all related documents, (e.g., CPAP – Country Programme Action Plan, Project Plans of Action, Country Programme Summary Sheet (CPSS), Programme Summary Sheet (PSS)), for assigned programmes/projects.
2. Participates in the formulation and development of programme goals, strategies and approaches on PPTCT and Paediatric components for the UNICEF CPAP. Plans, implements and monitors assigned activities.
3. Participates with UNICEF/government/and other partners in the development of strategies, methodologies and identification of new approaches for improving programme delivery, with emphasis on advocacy, community participation and social mobilization mainly focused on the area of PPTCT and Paediatric AIDS.
4. Reviews and evaluates the technical, institutional and financial feasibility and constraints of projects in coordination and collaboration with government and other partners.
5. Provides technical support to government and non-government organizations at the national, regional and provincial levels in the planning, development and implementation stages of the programmes/projects on PPTCT and Paediatric components. Plans, organizes and conducts training and orientation activities for government personnel and beneficiaries, for the purpose of capacity building at the central and regional levels, and expansion of coverage of services.
6. Undertakes field visits, and surveys in order to monitor and evaluate project implementation. Identifies problems and proposes remedial action. Identifies alternative courses of action, to accelerate/improve programme delivery.
7. Develops the work plan for the sector and monitors compliance to ensure objectives and targets are met and achieved. Guides and supervises professional and support staff. Ensures their training needs are met, and provides on-the-job training.
8. Coordinates with Operations/Supply staff on supply and non- supply assistance activities. Approves disbursement of funds ensuring proper utilization and accountability, and those activities are within established plans of action, and the programme budget allotments.
9. Coordinates activities and exchanges information/ideas with other programmes, to contribute to achievement of overall country programme objectives. Participates in establishing effective monitoring, information and reporting systems, and in the development of communication materials and strategies to support advocacy and community participation.
10. Participates in the preparation of all programme reports for management, Board, donors, budget reviews, programme analysis, annual reports, etc.
Qualifications, Experience and Competencies Required:
• Advanced university degree in Social Sciences or a related technical field.
Only applications of short listed candidates will be acknowledged. This vacancy is open to Indian Nationals only.
UNICEF is a non-smoking working environment. Applications from qualified women are encouraged.