Job Code – 102
Location: New Delhi
Closing Date: 16th December 2009
Purpose of the post:
Under the close supervision of the Finance Manager, assists in the area of finance and accounting control, recording, reporting of assets, liabilities and income. The incumbent will monitor the appropriate disbursement of funds and payments of accounts in accordance with the rules, regulations and established budgetary limits.
Major Duties and Responsibilities:-
1. Certify the appropriate, accurate and timely processing and recording of disbursements and payments, (e.g., vendor/ supplier/service provider payments, advances to government, etc.), in accordance with established rules, regulations and systems, and within budgetary limits. Also ensures recovery of advances and accounts receivable.
2. Provide training and orientation to newly recruited staff on financial transactions in ProMS. Supervises timely maintenance of computerized accounting and finance system.
3. Brief staff on the application and interpretation of UN/UNICEF accounting and financial rules, regulations, procedures and policies.
4. Undertake visits to sub-offices to provide accounting and finance training and support, establishes and/or reviews systems and procedures for compliance with rules and regulations, and prepares reports and recommendations.
5. Reconcile data inconsistencies and clear items in error list, voucher correction utility and suspense accounts.
6. Provide support on drafting local directives and guidelines on UNICEF Financial policies, instructions, rules and regulations. Ensure compliance and monitor implementation of local guidelines and directives.
7. Responsible for any other tasks assigned by the section Chief or supervisor
Qualifications, Experience and competencies required:
• University degree in Accounting, Finance or Business Administration.
• One year of practical professional work experience in finance and accounting. Experience in other UN agencies an asset.
• Fluency in English required. Knowledge of the local working language of the duty station is an asset.
• Good judgment, initiative, high sense of responsibility, organization, and analytical skills.
• Drive for results.
• Supervisory ability.
• Ability to conduct training.
• Ability to interact with people at all levels.
• Knowledge of computer management and application, including internet navigation.
• Ability to work harmoniously in an international and multicultural environment.
Candidates meeting the above requirements may send their application consisting of a cover letter and an up-to-date CV by e-mail to email@example.com before 16th December 2009. In order to ensure that your application is sorted correctly, please clearly mention the Job Code of the post and location in the subject line of your e-mail /application.
Only applications of short listed candidates will be acknowledged. This vacancy is open to Indian Nationals only.
UNICEF is a non-smoking working environment. Applications from qualified women are encouraged.