Programme Communication Officer
Job Code – PCO02
Purpose of the post:
Incumbment will be responsible for providing strategic, technical, operational and managerial support to UNICEF Programme Communication section in developing and implementing Behaviour Change Communication (BCC) strategies aimed at fostering an environment at the family and community levels for child survival during emergencies, particularly Avian and Pandemic Influenza and child protection, particularly child labour and child marriage. The geographic focus would at the national level, in programmatic focus states and districts, as well as interventions that build capacity and strengthen the government systems in communication planning, implementation, monitoring and documentation
Major Duties and Responsibilities:-
1. In close consultation with the Emergency and Health Section Chiefs and in collaboration with the key departments of the Govt. of India (Health and Family Welfare, Animal Health, and other line departments) develop and guide the implementation of national communication/IEC strategies to prevent avian and pandemic influenza. Develop and guide the implementation of communication plans during avian influenza outbreaks. Develop communication strategies for preparedness for pandemic influenza, provide technical guidance for implementation at the national, state and district levels. Monitor and evaluate activities on a regular basis, provide training inputs and technical assistance to partners for implementation of the agreed-upon plans.
2. In partnership with the Child Protection (CP) sector and in collaboration with key departments at the national level, provide technical guidance and support for planning, implementation, monitoring and quality assurance of communication activities to delay age at marriage in select states. Develop the national communication framework and strategies to increase awareness regarding harm caused by child marriage; guide the implementation of the communication framework and monitor its effectiveness both at National and State level. In partnership with the Child Protection section, develop and guide the implementation of a comprehensive communication approach to strengthen the protective environment for children engaged (and potential workers) in cotton growing and cotton seed producing areas in select districts of CP supported states.
3. In the UNICEF Integrated and programme Focus Districts, provide technical and monitoring support for district-based communication strategies - focusing on four key behaviours as well as child marriage and child labour, with special attention to socially excluded populations
4. Develop/adapt training and communication materials and activities to build capacity in participatory and behaviour communication at various government levels and with other partners to help ensure programme sustainability in child labour, child marriage, avian and pandemic influenza areas.
5. Undertake field visits to support partners in effective implementation of the communications strategy, monitor progress and provide feedback to facilitate qualitative improvements, as required.
6. Prepare routine reports on results and project progress; draft/provide inputs for donor reports, presentations, donor/media visits, web stories, etc., as may be required from time to time.
Qualifications, Experience and competencies required:
• University degree in the Social/Behavioral Sciences (Sociology, Anthropology, Psychology, Health, and Education) or related fields.
Candidates meeting the above requirements may send their application consisting of a cover letter and an up-to-date CV by e-mail to email@example.com before the closing date.
Only applications of short listed candidates will be acknowledged. This vacancy is open to Indian Nationals only.UNICEF is a non-smoking working environment. Applications from qualified women are encouraged.