Child Protection Specialist
United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF), the world’s leading organization working for the rights of children, invites applications for the following position:
Job Code – CPS01
Location: New Delhi
Purpose of the post:
Major Duties and Responsibilities:-
1. Technical Assistance and Support: Provide technical assistance and support to the government (at national and state levels), counterparts (UN agencies, donors, and NGOs), and UNICEF state offices on the design, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of child protection programmes, with a special focus on child labour. Provide technical inputs to knowledge management initiatives. Provide policy advice and influence policy of government at national and state levels regarding child protection systems.
2. Systems Strengthening: Assist the government at national and state level to strengthen systems for delivery of services with an emphasis on enhanced capacities, accountability and effective implementation of child protection programmes of the government.
3. Support to Field Offices: Assist the field offices in work planning, implementation, and monitoring of programming in child protection, especially in child labour, ensuring cross sectoral convergence in line with the overall results set out at national and state level, as well as in specific projects aimed at addressing child labour.
4. Oversight: Responsible for oversight of the donor funded programmes against child labour. In collaboration with the field offices, set up and implement an oversight plan to monitor progress on programme implementation and the utilization of funds, and assist the field offices to take any necessary corrective action based on the progress on programme implementation.
5. Documentation and Reports: Contribute towards the Situation Analysis, and the Common Country Assessment (CCA) by analyzing data, obtaining the latest sectoral information, and preparing specific written inputs; contribute to the preparation of the United Nations Development Assistance Framework (UNDAF), prepare sectoral inputs to the Country Programme Document (CPD), and the Country Programme Action Plan (CPAP); contribute to the mid-year, annual and mid-term reviews; and support in the preparation of donor reports, especially those on child labour prevention. Provide findings and sectoral inputs to the UNDAF and UNICEF Country Programme processes for the child labour components of the GOI-UNICEF country programme.
Qualifications, Experience and competencies required:
• Master’s degree in any of the following: Social Sciences, International Development, Public Administration, International Relations or related fields.
Candidates meeting the above requirements may send their application consisting of a cover letter and an up-to-date CV by e-mail to email@example.com before the closing date.
Only applications of short listed candidates will be acknowledged. This vacancy is open to Indian Nationals only. UNICEF is a non-smoking working environment. Applications from qualified women are encouraged.