Information Communication Technology AssistantLocation: New Delhi
Closing Date: 29th July 2009
Jobe Code: ITA12
Purpose of the post:
Maintenance of the communications infrastructure in the UNICEF’s country offices with links to New York Headquarters and the Regional Office as well as the connectivity between the Country Office and state offices under the direct supervision of IT Officer (Telecoms).
Major Duties and Responsibilities:-
• Technical maintenance of a broad brand of communications/ telecommunications systems such as INMARSAT Portable Satellite System, BGAN, VHF/HF/UHF systems, electronic telephone exchange (EPABX)/IP telephony, and audio and video-conferencing equipment.
• Facilitate Multi-point Video conference sessions from ICO and manage the Polycom RMX 2000 /MGC 25 Video Conference bridge system at Delhi • Maintain Local Area Network and network equipments in ICO and carry out regular. Maintenance of the network.
• Manage the EPABX system/IP telephony at ICO and ensure efficient functioning of the system. • Co-ordinate with the Service providers and ensure all the incoming / outgoing telephone lines are in working order
• Monitor leased line connectivity between offices and coordinate with the service provider.
• Maintain the all Telecomm assets of the office
• Any other duties specified by the supervisor.
Qualifications, Experience and competencies required:
• Complete secondary education, supplemented with specialised training in Telecommunications, Electronics or Information Technology.
• Six years of practical professional and progressively responsible experience in the Telecom field.
• Experience with Codan, Motorola and LAN switching components such as CISCO Routers and 3Com hardware is an advantage.
• Experience in use of Video Conference systems and Multi-point Video conference bridge systems
• Good knowledge of English and fluency in local language is required.
• Ability to respect deadlines in task/project implementation.
• Knowledge of IT/Telecom operations and principles is critical for this position
• Detailed knowledge of software packages most frequently used in office automation programme systems, microcomputer technology, database, data communications and telecommunications.
• Ability to work harmoniously in a multi-cultural environment
• Drive for result
• Proven ability to work as part of a team.
Only candidates meeting the above requirements may send their application consisting of a cover letter and an up-to-date CV by e-mail to mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date.
In order to ensure that your application is sorted correctly, please clearly indicate the title of the post i.e. IT Assistant-Telecom in the subject line of your e-mail/application.
Only applications of short listed candidates will be acknowledged.
This vacancy is open to Indian Nationals only. UNICEF is a non-smoking working environment. Applications from qualified women are encouraged.