Security Officer - New Delhi
Job Code- SON10
1. Review and assess the current status of Minimum Operating Security Standards (MOSS) and Minimum Operating Residential Security (MORSS) implementation in the UNICEF office in New Delhi. In conjunction with DSS, make recommendations on which measures need to be taken to ensure full MOSS and MORSS compliance with indicative timeframe and budget.
2. Review and assess the current status of MOSS and MORSS implementation of the 13 UNICEF state offices. Make recommendations on which measures need to be taken to ensure full MOSS and MORSS compliance with indicative timeframe and budget. Provide advice to security assistance or Chiefs of Field Offices on security issues.
3. Act as UNICEF’s security focal point. Advise the DDO on security measures for UNICEF/UN offices and staff as well as the latest trends and threats to staff safety and security. Attend as observer and recorder of action points for UNICEF at the UN Security Management Team meetings in New Delhi and ensure regular and timely reporting to UN DSS on all relevant security related incidents/issues for both the UNICEF Office in Delhi and the State Offices.
4. Under direct supervision of the DDO, establish and maintain contact and close collaboration with the UN DSS New Delhi. Ensure coherence of UNICEF actions with the UN DSS as regards security matters. In collaboration with UN DSS, establish and maintain contacts with India host government agencies, UN offices and other agencies to systematically obtain the latest information regarding the security situation.
5. Assist in preparing and reviewing security documents such as the Office Security Plan, contingency plans, or other Security Risk Assessments, including those that may not be strictly part of MOSS requirement, e.g. assistance in upgrading the Emergency Preparedness and Response Plan or Avian Flu Contingency Plan. Prepare drafts of security instructions and/or guidelines to staff for review and issuance by the DDO. Prepare TORs for contracted security services and perform liaison functions with the contracted security firm.
6. Provide assistance in the conduct and follow-up of investigations and incidents affecting UN staff and offices etc. Conduct investigations into theft/loss of property cases within the Delhi office. Train and supervise the security assistant in the Delhi office. Liaise with local police organizations with respect to incidents of theft/loss/criminal activity at residences of staff.
7. Perform any other duty as requested by supervisor.
Only candidates meeting the above requirements may send their application consisting of a cover letter and an up-to-date CV by e-mail to email@example.com before the closing date.
Only applications of short listed candidates will be acknowledged. This vacancy is open to Indian Nationals only.
UNICEF is a non-smoking working environment. Applications from qualified women are encouraged.