Programme Officer - New Delhi
Major Duties and Responsibilities:-
1. Assist the Representative, Principal Officers, Programmes & Operations and Chief, Field Services in preparation of speeches, presentations and public appearances. Liaise with Communication and programme sections, as well as other event organizers in the selection of speech topics and programme conten. Review supporting materials and draft texts provided by the substantive focal point(s), undertake further research if required, finalise, and provide quality assurance. Coordinate briefings by substantive staff in advance of engagements.
2. Attends meetings involving the Representative and Principal Officers, Programmes & Operations and Chief, Field Services with senior staff and external visitors/donors/contacts. Prepare briefing notes and summary conclusions on such meetings, as requested. Ensure follow-up actions are monitored and brought to the attention of the Representative.
3. Assist Chief Field Services officer in developing relevant State monitoring tools in close collaboration with SPME and PIMO. Ensuring timely compilation and analysis of a range of substantive and administrative issues. Assist Chief Field Services officer on projects to ensure coherence among state presentation
4. Assist the Representative by consulting/interfacing and seeking the opinion of Section Chiefs, Chiefs of Field Offices/Programme Officers as appropriate, on overall ICO programme and priority and policy-related issues. Follow up on compliance of important action points agreed. Provide input into policy documents and directives as required. Support organization of Country Management Team Meetings and ensure preparation of agenda and minutes
5. Establish and manage efficient procedures for the Representative, two Principal Officers (Programmes & Operations) and Chief, Field Services, to ensure smooth liaison. Contribute to the establishment of guidelines and systems for dealing with high-level external contacts.
6. Assist in monitoring and follow-up of the implementation of activities in the Representative’s office as per established workplan.
7. Assist in the assessment of media queries addressed to the Representative’s office and requests for interviews with the Representative, Principal Officers – Programmes and Operations, and Chief, Field Services. Provide background information to senior management to prepare for media, collect data and information necessary for interviews, in consultation with concerned sections.
• University degree in public affairs, international relations, social sciences, communication or other related discipline.
• Good knowledge of all aspects of internal UNICEF areas of operations. UNICEF experience in working with external multilateral and bilateral partners and allies in international development cooperation.
Only applications of short listed candidates will be acknowledged. This vacancy is open to Indian Nationals only.
UNICEF is a non-smoking working environment.Applications from qualified women are encouraged.