Operations Officer - Kolkata & Hyderabad
1. Approves, certifies and confirms operational transactions through the interpretation and determination of applicable policies, procedures, rules and regulations, (e.g., bank accounts, disbursements within authorized limits, contractual agreements, personnel administration, purchase of supplies and equipment). Approves operational transactions within established limits.
2. Advises and recommends to the Chief, Field Office when deviation from rules and regulations may be required and proposes alternative solutions to meet office objectives.
3. Monitors compliance with all the operational systems and procedures. Establishes relevant internal controls. Ensures accuracy, promptness and appropriateness of information, and reports to the Chief, Field Office.
4. Participates in the country programme strategy, development, planning and preview/review meetings to identify staffing and administrative operational requirements.
5. Reviews office structures and operations, and updates job descriptions prior to budget preparation, in line with the country programme commitment. Prepares budget and the accompanying justification and documentation. Monitors and controls budget allotments.
6. Arranges with the government authorities, all operational facilities and basic cooperation agreements, (e.g. customs, VAT, security, accommodations, privileges and immunities).
7. Analyzes needs, develops and implements a plan for office automation, which includes supervision of installation and/or adjustment of computer systems, acquisition and maintenance of hardware/software, and the training of staff.
8. Acquires all expendable and non-expendable properties (administrative and/or programme supplies), ensuring that procurement is made according to organization's rules, regulations and procedures.
9. Establishes, maintains and provides technical guidance and support to various consultative and advisory committees submitting appropriate documentation and relevant reports, (i.e. SSA, JCC, CRC, PSB, and local Training Committee). Coordinates staff-related issues and activities with staff association.
10. Manages the recruitment of temporary staff in an appropriate and timely manner. Provides staff briefing and orientation regarding all of the operational areas. Also provides counseling on personnel-related issues, including career development.
11. Participates in the timely planning and acquisition of supplies during the programme review process. Ensures administrative support in its delivery, monitoring, control and inventory. Ensures that local procurement of supplies (for PROG/ ADMIN BUDG) are made in accordance to organization’s rules regulations and procedures.
12. Identifies and proposes appropriate office accommodation, (i.e., purchase vs. rental, ensures maintenance of premises, security of staff, office premises, equipment and supplies). Also advises staff on appropriate housing accommodations.
• University degree in Business Administration, Management or a related field.
Only candidates meeting the above requirements may send their application consisting of a cover letter and an up-to-date CV by e-mail to email@example.com before the closing date.
Only applications of short listed candidates will be acknowledged. This vacancy is open to Indian Nationals only.
UNICEF is a non-smoking working environment. Applications from qualified women are encouraged.