Child Protection Officer - Jaipur
1. Provide support to the planning, implementation and monitoring of the Child Protection programme, with a special focus on IKEA funded project aimed at reducing child labour in Dungarpur and Udaipur districts and Integrated Child Protection Scheme (ICPS). Develop joint operational plans and ensure project implementation, monitoring and evaluation in accordance with the project proposal, project logframe, and project Gantt chart, and district action plans.
2. Assist in convening strategic partnerships among government, non government and community based organizations to impact on child protection policies, to support child protection programmes and leverage resources in the district and the State, in particular those related to child labour and ICPS. Participates in meetings with Departments responsible for programme/project review, and follows up on implementation of recommendations and agreements. Assists in the development and/or introduction of child protection approaches, methods and practices, in particular those related to child labour and ICPS.
3. Provide capacity building inputs and technical support at district and state level with regard to ICPS and child labour, with the latter including convergent child protection structures that effectively address child labour, quality education for all children, community mobilization, and enhanced social protection schemes. Provides technical expertise as required, facilitates learning exchanges as well as policy influencing.
4. Undertake regular field visits to project sites to guide UNICEF consultants, district administration, government functionaries, and other partners and project stakeholders and to ensure that activities are implemented in line with the project Gantt chart, district action plans, and the project logframe. Analyzes and evaluates data and/or takes corrective action when necessary, to meet programme/project objectives. Undertake follow-up action as required. Coordinate joint review meetings with UNICEF ICO and IKEA.
5. Drafts project status reports, donor reports, and process documentation; develop and establish a monitoring system that facilitates the monitoring of achievement of outcomes and outputs set out in the project logframe; ensure data collection and maintenance on key indicators against which outcomes and outputs will be measured.
6. Proactively collaborates with programme colleagues to provide and receive knowledge and assistance. Assists in the development of an appropriate communication and information strategy to support and/or advocate for child protection policy and programme development, in particular on child labour. Assists in the planning and formulation of Behaviour Change Communication initiatives with respect to child protection, in particular on child labour. Assists in the planning and formulation of Education initiatives relating to child labour.
7. Follow up and check financial and supply and non-supply reports for project activities, ensuring proper and timely expenditure within allotments; Government financial accountability and certify disbursement and liquidation of Cash Assistance to Government and NGOs, as per UNICEF rules and procedures and related Administrative Instructions. Assist in managing funds and liquidating cash advances; maintain ProMS data.
Qualifications, Experience and competencies required: -
• University degree in Development Studies/Social Sciences with a particular emphasis on child protection issues. Knowledge of, and training in, protection of children against exploitation/child labour will be an added advantage.
Only candidates meeting the above requirements may send their application consisting of a cover letter and an up-to-date CV by e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org before the closing date.
UNICEF is a non-smoking working environment.Applications from qualified women are encouraged.