Private Sector Fundraising Specialist
Job Code: UNPSFR-03
Location: New Delhi
Closing Date: 24th June 2009
1. Under the supervision of Private Sector Fundraising Unit Head, formulate the overall UNICEF India Country Office Private Sector Fundraising strategy and plans.
2. Help identifying suitable channels and supervise overall implementation of Direct Marketing plans and achieve set targets through direct mail, telephone appeals, pledges, face-to-face, co-branded mailings and Television.
3. Initiate, develop and supervise corporate alliances for promotional and fundraising activities. Supervise and coordinate appropriate fundraising events or activities using mass media, celebrities, corporate contacts and corporate sponsors.
4. Initiate and develop corporate engagement activities. Coordinate with State Offices and Section Chiefs regarding corporate engagement activities.
5. Initiate and develop fundraising activities targeted to potential major individual donors, including major gifts and planned giving (legacies).
6. Keep track of fundraising activities and prepare reports as needed.
7. Perform other duties related to the work of UNICEF as required
Minimum Qualifications and Experience:
1. Advanced University degree in Marketing, Business Administration, Advertising.
2. Minimum five years of practical professional work experience with progressively increasing responsibilities in Individual Fund Raising or Customer Relationship management with individual clients in large numbers, of which atleast 3 years in corporate fundraising.
3. Fluency in written and spoken English. Knowledge of the local language at the duty station will be an asset.
4. Proven skills in managing relationships with large number of donors/customers involving query resolution, renewals and up gradations.
5. Proven skills in information and communications, networking, advocacy and ability to relate to mass media and community.
6. Ability to draft clearly and concisely ideas and concepts in written and oral form.
7. Proven ability to effectively manage relationships with private sector, government officials and other UNICEF partners.
8. Proven ability to work as part of a team.
9. Knowledge of computer systems and applications, specifically interactive digital media.
10. Ability to work in fundraising for emergencies.
11. Drive for Results.
12. Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
Only candidates meeting the above requirements may send their application consisting of a cover letter and an up-to-date CV by e-mail to email@example.com before the closing date.
In order to ensure that your application is sorted correctly, please clearly indicate the title of the post and the job code in the subject line of your e-mail/application.
Only applications of short listed candidates will be acknowledged. This vacancy is open to Indian Nationals only.
UNICEF is a non-smoking working environment. Applications from qualified women are encouraged.