Private Sector Fund Raising Officer (Donor Care)
Job Code- UNPSFR-02
Duty Station: New Delhi
Closing Date: 24th June 2009
Major Duties and Responsibilities:-
1. Contribute to formulation of direct marketing strategy and overall UNICEF India Country Office Private Sector Fundraising (PSFR) strategy and plans.
2. Contribute to overall implementation of Direct Marketing plans and achieve set targets through direct mail, telephone appeals, pledges, co-branded mailings and TV.
3. Responsible for Donor Care Programme-retention, up-gradation and conversion of existing donor base and achievement of set targets. Build and nurture the middle donors to achieve higher ROI.
4. Support market researches to identify prospective partners and/or alternative means of local fundraising. These should be country-appropriate.
5. Coordinate with Direct Mail Appeal Group in implementation and support towards the production of fund raising communication.
6. Keep track of fundraising activities and prepare reports as needed by the supervisor, Head of PSFR, Deputy Representative, RSC- PSD.
7. Perform other duties related to the work of UNICEF as required
Qualifications, Experience and Competencies required:
• University degree in Marketing/ Business Administration/ Advertising.
• Minimum one year of practical professional work experience with progressively increasing responsibilities in Individual Fund Raising or Customer Relationship management with individual clients in large numbers
• Fluency in written and spoken English. Working knowledge of local language of the duty station an asset.
• Proven skills in managing relationships with large number of donors/customers involving query resolution, renewals and up gradations.
• Proven skills in information and communications, networking, advocacy and ability to relate to mass media and community. • Ability to draft clearly and concisely ideas and concepts in written and oral form.
• Proven ability to effectively manage relationships with private sector, government officials and other UNICEF partners.
• Proven ability to work as part of a team.
• Drive for result.
• Knowledge of computer systems and applications, specifically interactive digital media.
• Ability to work in fundraising for emergencies.
• Ability to work harmoniously in an international and multi-cultural environment.
Only candidates meeting the above requirements may send their application consisting of a cover letter and an up-to-date CV by e-mail to email@example.com before the closing date.
In order to ensure that your application is sorted correctly, please clearly indicate the Job Code of the post and location in the subject line of your e-mail/application. Only applications of short listed candidates will be acknowledged. This vacancy is open to Indian Nationals only.
UNICEF is a non-smoking working environment. Applications from qualified women are encouraged.