Consultant to Support Celebrity Event Management
Location: New Delhi with field travel as required
Duration: 11 months
Closing Date: 24 February 2014
Background, Rationale and Purpose of Assignment:
Globally, UNICEF works with nearly 200 Goodwill Ambassadors to increase public awareness of the rights of children and women and UNICEF's work in protecting those rights. In the nearly 50 years since celebrities began working with UNICEF, they have helped sway government policies on behalf of children, publicise children's issues around the globe and raise funds for UNICEF-supported programmes.
High profile supporters in India (from the world of film / music / theatre / sports) have a strong national and regional appeal. They can play a significant role in helping UNICEF to create public awareness on children’s issues. Also their involvement can mobilize action and resources from civil society, thereby sending a message that children are an urgent priority.
UNICEF India has been engaging meaningfully with the goodwill ambassadors (who have been associated with key program issues and results) and many other celebrity advocates who have been supporting our work, to help protect the rights and improve the lives of children and women in India. This has helped ensure they remain motivated to consistently generate public awareness of children’s issues and help to mobilize resources for key results.
Over the last few years, it has been observed at UNICEF India, that there is an enhanced demand for celebrities in generating visibility around key issues, advocating for children’s rights through campaigns/ media presence, initiating key discourses and sustaining them.
There is a consistent demand from the state offices, programme sections, government partners, NYHQ as well as other UN agencies to mobilize existing national ambassadors as well as identifying new celebrity advocates for diverse advocacy and communication opportunities, example events, presence in ads, statements, part of panel discussions , field visits etc.
The area of celebrity management has two facets. The first includes focusing on the strategic partnership with the celebrity which involves technical skills and expertise of engaging with high profile supporters. The second and equally important part is supporting the operational dimension which includes continuous intelligence building on future and potential celebrity advocates, supporting coordination of celebrity engagement events, recordings, field visits and other critical dimensions. Going forward this dimension will also include supporting celebrity engagements within the region.
With the growing portfolio and extensive work being done on celebrities engagement in ICO, it is suggested to hire a consultant who has the ability to support the second dimension mentioned above. The individual will be responsible for liaising with celebrity offices to ensure that events and other interactions are managed smoothly and also consistent follows ups are done to manage the time of celebrities.
Contribute to the overall objectives of the A&C section as well as the achievement of PC4.
The assignment includes four major tasks:
1. Coordination with existing celebrities' offices for events, recordings and other logistics.
2. Update of information package to celebrity managers on a regular basis.
3. Mapping new and potential celebrities (medium and small scale) celebrity for some other on the ground events related to key campaigns as well as support to the state offices.
4. Support to Section chief for coordination and management of calendar and travel related to specific and high profile events, meetings.
Deliverables with Timeline:
Monthly reports on successful management of celebrity events and engagement of new celebrities for state offices.
Qualifications & Experience required
1. This assignment requires a professional with experience of having worked with media and celebrities.
2. The person must have an excellent track record of managing events and logistics for issue based campaigns involving celebrities.
3. Another area of advantage would be experience of having worked with NGO”s, CBO’s, communities, state government.
(1) Qualified female/male candidates are requested to please indicate their ability and availability to undertake the terms of reference above.
(2) Your application should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org by COB 24 February 2014 with subject line "Consultancy support for celebrity event management" in separate files:
a) An application letter, CV and P11 form (which can be downloaded from our website at http://www.UNICEF.org/india/overview_1440.htm)
b) A financial proposal in PDF format indicating monthly fee for deliverables as per template attached. (Download)
(3) The financial proposals of only those candidates, who are found technically responsive, will be opened.
(4) Only short-listed candidates will be called for test/interview (if applicable). Any attempt to unduly influence UNICEF’s selection process will lead to automatic disqualification of the applicant.
(5) Joint applications of two or more individuals are not accepted.