Consultant - Review of Knowledge Products from UNICEF India WASH Network
Location: New Delhi for reporting, but can be desk based in another location with good connectivity (Skype, internet, etc.)
Duration: 35 days with final delivery by end November
Closing Date: 20 September 2013
Purpose of Assignment & Background
UNICEF WASH Section has recently undertaken an internal compilation of knowledge products and has listed over 100 products at State and National levels in the period 2009 to date. There is now a need to review these products to assess the value they add and to help strengthen the UNICEF WASH Knowledge Management (KM) strategy.
A Knowledge Management and/or WASH expert will be required to support this process.
UNICEF is committed to review and guide innovative Knowledge Management work around WASH leading to a better understanding of the issues for better implementation as well as supporting on capacity building / best practice documentation - this consultancy support will review the available products to allow recommendations be.
The following major tasks will need to be accomplished:
Review all products shared according to a pre-agreed framework that would look at:
• The quality of the document presentation (writing style, language, layout, figures etc.)
• Capturing the lessons learnt for advocacy purposes and for informing decision making (strategy and policy levels)
• The influencing, if any, of the work to date
• The level of the product (i.e. Its positioning and dissemination potential), including also its potential for publication if not already done so; an audience mapping (who at what level)
• A critique of the trends of the topics covered by States as well the logical composition of the work produced across States to see how coherent the KM approach is across the 14 offices in relation to planned Intermediate Results.
• The use of uniform UNICEF branding in the work
• The replicability of the work (especially across India)
• Producing a set of recommendations to take WASH KM work forward in terms of the core commitments of the CPAP (core IRs, equity, reach and scale)
Estimated duration of assignment
The assignment would be for a period of 35 days - final product delivery by end November
New Delhi for reporting but can be desk based in another location with good connectivity (internet, Skype etc.)
Report on the WASH key documentations completed and signed off by WASH Section
• First installment on the design of the review matrix and a short overview of the review methodology.
Qualifications & Experience required
• A suitably qualified professional with a degree in Civil Engineering, Chemical Engineering, Microbiology, Economics, Statistics, Environmental Studies or Social Sciences with solid experience of working on review and documentation, especially linked to WASH issues
(1) Qualified female/male candidates are requested to please indicate their ability and availability to undertake the terms of reference above.
(2) Your application should be sent to indconsultants@UNICEF.org by COB 12th September 2013 with subject line "Consultancy for Review of WASH Knowledge Products, New Delhi" in separate files:
a) A cover letter, CV and P11 form (which can be downloaded from our website at http://www.UNICEF.org/india/overview_1440.htm)
b) A financial proposal indicating deliverable based fee as per template attached.
(4) Please note, offers without financial proposal will not be considered.
(5) Only short-listed candidates will be called for test/interview (if applicable). Any attempt to unduly influence UNICEF’s selection process will lead to automatic disqualification of the applicant.
(6) Joint applications of two or more individuals are not accepted.