Consultant - Facilitation of Facts for Life (FFL) IPC ToT
Location: Raipur, Chhattisgarh
Duration: 18 days of ToT spread from September 2013 to May 2014
Closing Date: 12 September 2013
UNICEF, Chhattisgarh has a Memorandum of Understanding with World Vision India situated at Bhopal (WORLD VISION), for implementation of 42 Facts for Life (FFL) Interpersonal Counseling (IPC) Videos. These videos will be implemented in 6 Area Development Programs (ADPs) where World Vision is currently working in Chhattisgarh. As per the MoU, UNICEF has agreed to provide resource persons for the facilitation of the Training of Trainers of World Vision Staff during the implementation period (2013-14).
Purpose of the assignment
The purpose of the assignment is to facilitate the Training of Trainers for the World Vision staff to effectively implement the FFL IPC Videos in their ADPs. These trainings will be carried out in 3 phases thus the individual is expected to facilitate 3 TOTs for the duration of this contract.
Objectives (Specific to each TOT)
· Facilitation of a 3 days TOT for FFL IPC Videos
· Preparing a Narrative report for the workshop
Methodology and schedule of the workshop
Each workshop has been planned for three full days that combines theory and practice in a highly participatory and interactive manner. There will be few input sessions and based on these session participants will do hands on practice. Special attention will be given to creating a strong learning environment which appreciates prior knowledge of the participants and they will reflect and internalize the various tools and guides in the process.
Major Tasks, Deliverables & Timelines
The following major tasks will need to be accomplished:
1. Facilitation of 3 days of TOT in Raipur
Deliverable: Submission of Narrative report of first ToT
Time: 6 days
2. Facilitation of 3 days of TOT in Raipur
Deliverable: Submission of Narrative report of second ToT
Time: 6 days
3. Facilitation of 3 days of TOT in Raipur
Deliverable: Submission of Narrative report of third ToT
Time: 6 days
Estimated duration of assignment
The assignment would be or a period of 9 months. However the following timelines will apply:
• The first TOT would be in September 2013 – total 6 days of engagement
• The second TOT would be in December 2013 – total 6 days of engagement.
• The third TOT would be in April 2014 – total 6 days of engagement.
• Facilitation of Master TOT for 3 Phases.
• TOT Report (Narrative- 4 pages) within 8 days of completion of the TOT.
Payment will be made on completion of each ToT and submission of narrative report
Qualifications & Experience required
• Graduate/Masters in psychology/Social sciences/Education
• Should be aware of the Adult Learning Principals and Participatory training Methodologies.
• Should be a trainer & facilitator especially with NGOs/CSOs/CBOs
• Experience of delivering TOTs on Facts for Life Interpersonal Counselling Videos would be an added advantage.
• Should be fluent in Hindi
• Should have a good knowledge of Computers/MS Office.
(1) Qualified female/male candidates are requested to please indicate their ability and availability to undertake the terms of reference above.
(2) Your application should be sent to indconsultants@UNICEF.org by COB 12th September 2013 with subject line "Consultancy for conducting ToT for World Vision" in separate files:
a) A cover letter, CV and P11 form (which can be downloaded from our website at http://www.UNICEF.org/india/overview_1440.htm)
b) A financial proposal indicating deliverable based fee as per template attached.
(3) The financial proposals of only those candidates, who are found technically responsive, will be opened.
(4) Please note, offers without financial proposal will not be considered.
(5) Only short-listed candidates will be called for test/interview (if applicable). Any attempt to unduly influence UNICEF’s selection process will lead to automatic disqualification of the applicant.
(6) Joint applications of two or more individuals are not accepted.