Consultant - Corporate Social Responsibility, Nutrition & Adolescents
Purpose of the Assignment
The main purpose of the assignment will be to implement, monitor and advocate with the private sector on projects on nutrition and adolescents.
UNICEF West Bengal set up the CSR Hub in December 2011 in partnership with Confederation of Indian Industry. The overall goal of the CSR Hub is to jointly strengthen private sector involvement in social development, with particular focus on children and women, through a rights-based approach. UNICEF West Bengal requires engaging a senior consultant who will implement, monitor and advocate with the private sector on projects on nutrition and adolescents.
The objectives include:
· To raise consciousness among the corporate sector of critical socio-economic issues regarding children and youth in West Bengal, particularly malnutrition and adolescent issues.
· Provide technical support to the CSR Hub in finalisation of nutrition umbrella proposal, its implementation, M&E support as well as project oversight in select sites.
· Explore strategic partnerships for UNICEF and the private sector in West Bengal based on adolescent issues.
· Promote sharing of good practices through thematic roundtable.
The major tasks include:
1. Finalize and roll out Improving Anganwadi Centres PPP proposal and modalities of engagement/implementation plan/ human resources/ training plan/M&E framework development for pilot project in two locations – Kolkata and Durgapur - in approximately 35 Anganwadi Centres as model ICDS Centres including oversight of third party project team.
2. Conduct rapid facility assessments and prepare reports for the selected ICDS Centres
3. Organise, prepare presentations and conduct one-to-one meetings with at least 15 key corporates with business interests in West Bengal to invest in nutrition proposal
4. Support Communication Officer on documentation of pilot nutrition interventions in Duragapur and Kolkata.
5. Prepare Mid-year and end year status reports for CSR Hub.
6. Organise the Knowledge Seminar in partnership with corporates in Kolkata to share good practices in CSR through PPP in India.
7. Under the overall guidance of Communication Officer, develop second thematic umbrella proposal on adolescent and skills building for roll out in 2014
1. Two proposals for PPP projects in West Bengal
4. Regular Updates on CSR Hub Activities.
5. Documentation package on ICDS strengthening project.
Qualification or specialized knowledge/experience required for the assignment
· A high level professional who has proven track record of developing partnerships, corporate fundraising, corporate engagement strategies on development issues on a turnkey basis.
(1) Qualified female/male candidates are requested to please indicate their ability and availability to undertake the terms of reference above.
(2) Your application should be sent to email@example.com by COB 26th August 2013 with subject line "Consultancy for CSR-Nutrition & Adolescents, Kolkata" in separate files:
a) A cover letter, CV and P11 form (which can be downloaded from our website at http://www.unicef.org/india/overview_1440.htm)
(3) The financial proposals of only those candidates, who are found technically responsive, will be opened.
(4) Please note, offers without financial proposal will not be considered.
(5) Only short-listed candidates will be called for test/interview (if applicable). Any attempt to unduly influence UNICEF’s selection process will lead to automatic disqualification of the applicant.
(6) Joint applications of two or more individuals are not accepted.